Be careful with your partying this Cinco De Mayo.
On Tuesday, May 5th, the Annapolis Police Department will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint on West Street, right before the Westgate Circle. I have included a map and a street map view of the approximate area of where the checkpoint will be held. The police have said that the checkpoint will be near the intersection of Amos Garrett Blvd and West St.
The police will be patrolling all areas of Annapolis so as always the best advice is to get a designated driver or to arrange other means of transportation. Even if you do not plan on drinking this Cinco De Mayo, remember that others might still do so. Be careful and be vigilant.
This past St. Patrick’s Day a driver fled the police’s checkpoint and ended up crashing into other cars and setting the driver’s own car on fire.
Remember that there are steep consequences and costs of a DUI:
- You endanger your own life.
- You endanger other people’s lives.
- Potential vehicle or property damage.
- Legal Costs
- Diversion Program and Substance Abuse Program Costs
- A DUI probation before judgment under Maryland law cannot be expunged from your record. This can follow you for the rest of your life when you apply to different jobs and opportunities.