CANnapolis (“Because we CAN make a difference!”) is a summer-long canned food drive, providing area restaurants and liquor stores an opportunity to support the Maryland Food Bank in the fight against hunger.
Katcef Brothers and radio partner, WRNR Radio will be promoting nine CANnapolis events throughout the Annapolis, Severna Park and Pasadena areas, May 31 through Sept. 12.
During CANnapolis, you can help the 438,000 Marylanders in the food bank’s service area who do not have consistent access to nutritious food! In Anne Arundel County alone, close to 48,000 people are food-insecure, according to figures released last month by Feeding America.
Want to help? It’s simple: Bring in nonperishable food items to one of the locations listed below between May 31 and Sept. 12 and receive special canned features and discounts. Every can contributed will help the Maryland Food Bank to distribute 29 million meals – some 79,000 meals every day – across Maryland.
The nine CANnapolis events and participating retailers are as follows:
- July 12– Mills Wine and Spirits and Mangia Italian Grill & Sports Café
- July 26 – Edgewater Liquors in Edgewater
- Aug. 9 – Phelps Liquors in Pasadena
- Aug. 16– Fishpaws Marketplace/ Mothers Peninsula Grille
- Aug. 30– Dawson’s Liquors/ Adams Ribs in Severna Park
- Sept. 12 – CANnapolis Celebration, Union Jacks Annapolis