This year’s Volunteer Project Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on November 8, 2012. Capital One Bank will host this event at the Yellowfin Restaurant in Edgewater, Maryland.
The Volunteer Project Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Volunteer Center For Anne Arundel County and the Coordinators of Volunteers of Anne Arundel County (COVAAC). This year eight Volunteer Projects were judged to have had the greatest impact for the residents of Anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis.
Please join us to celebrate this year’s Inductees into the Volunteer Project Hall of Fame. Registration begins at 11:30 am, with the Awards Luncheon beginning at noon and ending at approximately 2:00 pm. A select silent auction to benefit both the Volunteer Center and COVAAC will give guests an opportunity to support the work of volunteers and volunteer program managers.
Keynote Speaker, Kris Kohlmann, Vice President Business Banking, Capital One Bank, emcee Chris Poulsen, program manager and head of community initiatives for Anne Arundel County Social Services, and Talia Grover, president of the board of the Volunteer Center, will welcome the eight new inductees into the Volunteer Project Hall of Fame.
- Partners in Care for Repairs With Care – “Boomer” Award
- Creating Communities for Arts Mentorship Summer Academy – “Kids at Hope” Award
- Magothy United Methodist Church for Niftee Thriftee Shop – Faith-Based Award
- Historic Foundation for Hogshead Education Program – Living History Award
- OHLA (Organization of Hispanic/Latin Americans) for “Legal Day” – “Pro Bono” Award
- Anne Arundel County Schools for Weekend Food Program – School-Based Award
- U.S.N.A. Midshipmen Action Group for Greenbury Point environmental project – EcoStar Award
- Hospice of the Chesapeake for “Tuck in Team” – Innovation Award
The Celebration will also applaud the accomplishments of five finalists: University for Parents and Maryland Public Television for “American Graduate”; Chesapeake Christian Fellowship and Housing Authority City of Annapolis for “Daily Bread 2012”; Girl Scouts of Central Maryland for “Camp Whipporwill Renovation” project; Anne Arundel Community College and YWCA for “Bags of Hope” project; and SPAN (Serving People Across Neighborhoods) for “Matching Funds” project.
Reservations are required for the luncheon and awards and can be made until Nov. 5, 2012. Seating is limited. Cost is $35 and prepayment through PayPal on www.VolunteerAnneArundel.org or by check to the Volunteer Center is encouraged. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For information please contact the Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel County at 410-897-9207.