We can’t go a week without hearing about another business casualty of the COVID-19 pandemic. If we are honest, there has never been a year when it is more important to support our local stores. When you shop local, more money stays in our local economy; but more importantly, shopping local allows our locally-owned stores to remain viable in order to hire local employees. See how that works? With that said, here is a gift list for everyone on your holiday list. All local.
Please. It’s important!
Do you have something to add to the list? Send us an email to [email protected]
- A great new book by Dave Gendell — Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse–A Chesapeake Bay Icon.
- Darren Smith, another local author, penned a book about his time at the Jennifer Road Detention Center — 30 for 30 : The Writings Behind the Wall. Have a listen to his story here!
- If you need a little bling (or a lot) — Zachary’s Jewelers.
- An Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park membership is a perfct gift for your Chesapeake Bay afficionado!
- Maybe there is a cinefile in your life? How about a membership to the Annapolis Film Society?
- For music lovers, you cannot beat a show at Rams Head On Stage.
- Here a Pop Up Shop is on Main Street this holiday season just filled with local goodies!
- Christmas cheer in a bottle. Galway Bay’s Irish Egg Nog is sure to warm the cockles of everyone.
- If you want ecclectic and authentic, one of my favorite shops is Local By Design at the base of Main Street.
- When I need to send a taste of Annapolis to a friend, I send them a crabcake from the Boatyard Bar & Grill.
- Furniture? Home furninshings? Look no firther than the Annapolis Maritime Antiques in Eastport
- Everyone loves a great book and we have two amazing bookstores in town– Back Creek Books and Old Fox Books.
- Annapolis oozes history from every paver in the road. Why not get a membership to Historic Annapolis and help preserve it!
- They are not sailing right now, but a gift card for a spring (or summer or fall) sail on the Schooner Woodwind is a fantastic gift.
- Another great way to get out on the water is with Watermark. And if you are a landlubber, their historic walking tours are fascinating.
- Nothing screams iconic Main Street than the food challenge at Chick & Ruth’s. While that may be a bit much, why not give a meal in this iconic place?
- What happens when you merge maritime history, one of the last remaining skipjacks, and the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park? The Wilma Lee. You can book her for a private charter or individual sails come the spring!
- The most iconic building in Maryland is probably the Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse and she always needs some repairs. Make a donation and make sure this icon can be enjoyed for generations to come!
- Navy grad? Navy fan? Remember the old dome of the Chapel? Now you can give a memento crafted from the ACTUAL dome!
- Nothing is more important than the generations that follow us. The Annapolis Police Foundation sees to it that deserving kids in our community have some help going to college.
- Black and white photos of Annapolis from Annapolis Collection Gallery.
- Gallery 57 West is a local artist collaborative. You are sure to find something there!
- Kim Hovell Art Studio features plenty of great oyster art.
- Greeting cards or ornaments from the Downtown Annapolis Partnership will brighten up anyone’s holiday!
- There is only ONE beer brewed in Eastport. Give the gift of Eastport with a gift card to Forward Brewing.
- K&B True Value Hardware
- Want some Chesapeake inspired artwork? From stickers, to yard flags, to wall art, to ornaments to door mats. Citizen Pride is the place you need to check out.
- A Sweet & Salty Pop Up in Annapolis Town Center is in the middle of Sit. Stay.Play. Their unique boutique for animal lovers has gifts for pets and the people who love them.
- Another fantastic book from a local author, Donna Koros Stramella from Hanover. Coffee Killed My Mother: A Novel is a book with twists and turns. A mother (recovering alcoholic now addicted to coffee) and her daughter take off on a trip to explore coffee shops along the east coast, when all sorts of family ecrets are exposed.
- Gift Card ANYWHERE
And be sure to check out all the local shopping and dining info on the Downtown Annapolis Partnership website.