Explore all that Maryland Hall has to offer at the 10th Annual ArtFest Free Open House on Sunday, March 31 from 1- 4 pm! The United States Naval Academy Band will perform a concert at 4 pm capping off the day with a community concert.
Maryland Hall’s ArtFest Open House is a day of creativity – featuring art demonstrations, music recitals, dance performances, exhibitions, hands-on activities and children’s crafts throughout the building. This FREE Open House showcases the arts at Maryland Hall like no other single day, attracting over 1,000 people of all ages. ArtFest is part of Four Rivers Heritage Area’s Maryland Day Celebration activities and also includes free tastings from the Café at Maryland Hall, popcorn, and face painting. Come spend your Sunday afternoon with Maryland Hall and find out what your arts center is all about!
ArtFest Happenings, Hands-On Activities and Demonstrations for Kids & Adults:
- Children’s Drama & Theater Showcase
- Hands-on children’s art project
- Digital Photo Booth: Take FREE digital photos and share with friends & family!
- Music Together Chesapeake Demonstrations
- The Maple Academy of Irish Dance: On stage Showcase
- Handbuilding & Pottery Wheel Demonstrations
- Pottery ‘Seconds Sale’
- Glass Fusing Demonstration & ‘Seconds Sale’
- BIG INK Printmaking Demonstration
- Drawing & Painting Demonstrations
- Ballet Theater of Maryland Showcase
- Belly Dancing Showcase and Mini Workshops
- Peabody Preparatory Music Event
- Woodturning Demonstration
- Hip Hop, Tap and Ballroom Dancing Demonstrations
- Exhibiting in the Galleries and around Maryland Hall: Artwork by Joanne S. Scott: 60 Year Retrospective, BIG INK Prints Exhibition,TRYBE-ALL (Tribal) Celebration Series: Paintings by Tony J. Spencer
- Food Trucks including CrabTown Curbs Cuisine and Truck of Deliciousness.
- FREE Tastings from Café at Maryland Hall, Goetze’s Candy, Popcorn and Much More!
The Naval Academy Band will present a program of American chamber music for winds and brass. Lieutenant Commander Patrick K. Sweeten will conduct the concert featuring a variety of chamber ensembles performing Hymn to Freedom by Andrew Wolfe, Double Wind Quintet by Alfred Reed, Serenade No. 1 by Vincent Persichetti, An American Tapestry by Daniel Kallman, Essay for Brass and Winds by William Mayer, and two works by Anthony DiLorenzo, Of Kingdoms and Glory and American Anthem.
“We are very pleased to be partnering once again with Maryland Hall to produce free public performances for our community by the outstanding musicians of this premier military band,” says Sweeten. “Both organizations’ dedication to the performing arts make our long-term collaborative efforts exciting for Annapolis and our region. We look forward to a continued association with Maryland Hall and are grateful for the opportunity to represent our Navy and the United States Naval Academy through upcoming performances.”
All ArtFest activities, including the Concert are first come, first served. Free and open to the public, tickets are not required. RSVP is requested via Eventbrite.
For more information, contact Maryland Hall at 410-280-5640 or visit https://www.marylandhall.org. Maryland Hall is located at 801 Chase Street, Annapolis.