“Herrmann
Insert future code here
MD Higher Education Commission
Insert future code here
“2018
Insert future code here

Hot coals cause $285K in fire damage to Glen Burnie home

| July 9, 2018
Rams Head
On July 8th at 1:35 a.m. firefighters responded to a reported dwelling fire in the 200 block of Benmere Road. Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire conditions from the rear of the one-story, single-family dwelling. The lone occupant of the home safely evacuated before the arrival of firefighters after being alerted to the fire by a neighbor. The fire was brought under control in about 45 minutes by 48 firefighters and was contained mostly to a large addition to the rear of the home.
Members of the Anne Arundel County Fire and Explosives Investigation Unit have determined that this was an accidental fire. The occupant of the home had used a charcoal grill around 5 p.m., and around 11 p.m. he dumped the still hot coals against the house. The 23-year-old male occupant was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center with minor injuries. A firefighter was also transported in good condition to BWMC with a medically related complaint. Damages are estimated at $285,000.
Rams Head
Source :

AACoFD

Category: Local News, NEWS, Post To FB

About the Author - EOA Staff

Eye On Annapolis is a community based site focusing strictly on Anne Arundel County. These staff postings are general news postings made by our team of bloggers throughout the day and are not attributed to any one particular staff person.

Connect with the Author

Author's Website Facebook Twitter YouTube rss feed

“Watermark
Insert future code here