So I went to a meeting last night whose sole purpose was to INFORM concerned parents that the safety of our children has been trumped by the measurements from satellites on how far away the middle school is from their communities. Sheila Finlayson was there to pride herself on informing the community…. months if not years too late. The decision has been made.
- All middle school children walk calmly down Forest Drive on the sidewalks
- They all walk no more then 2 across
- That there is no predator hiding in the expanse of woods
- That none of them take the no shoulder/no sidewalk Spa road
- If all drivers do the speed limit
- All drivers are driving defensively with no distractions.
- That all adolescent students are walking cautiously and aware of their surroundings
- That students have no distractions
It could be a safe pedestrian route. However, that is an unreasonable number of conditions to expect, for that safety to be guaranteed.