Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic invites individuals to participate in Walk For Wishes® taking place April 23 at the Annapolis Towne Centre in Annapolis, MD. The Maryland community is encouraged to join local wish kids for an evening of family-fun festivities and the walk around the Towne Centre to help grant the wishes of other Maryland children facing life-threatening medical conditions.
- Who: Children who have received wishes, their families, other friends and supporters of Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic.
- When: Thursday, April 23, 2015 – 6 –8 p.m.
- Where: Annapolis Towne Centre 203 Harker Place Annapolis, MD 21401
- What: Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic’s 2015 Walk For Wishes® is a community-wide celebration and effort to grant wishes for local children with life-threatening medical conditions. Walkers of all ages will come together at the Annapolis Towne Centre to enjoy an evening that includes the walk itself and ongoing family-fun festivities including great music, face painting, balloon art and other surprises.
- Why: To raise awareness and funds so that Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic can continue to serve local children. The average cost of a wish in the Mid-Atlantic region is $7,500 and last year our chapter granted 395 wishes – but for every wish granted, two more local child are waiting for a wish. We rely on community members like you to help us grant these wishes.
About Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic serves children who reside in central and southern Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland and Northern Virginia. Founded in 1983, has granted more than 8,300 wishes in the Mid-Atlantic region since its inception – 395 last year alone. But for every wish granted, at least two more local children are waiting to receive their one true wish. For more information, please visit: www.midatlantic.wish.org.