June 16, 2024
Annapolis, US 61 F

Severn Man Charged With 1st Degree Attempted Murder After Odenton Shooting

shootingOn Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 at about 9:15 p.m., Western District officers responded to the 700 block of Chapelview Drive, Odenton, MD in reference to a shooting that just occurred.  When officers arrived on the scene, they found a 23 year old male from Odenton with a gun shot wound to a lower extremity; and a 30 year old male from Gambrills with minor trauma to his upper body, caused by possible bullet fragments.  A 22 year old female victim from Odenton was also on the scene, but not injured.

The preliminary investigation found that the three suspects approached the males and female while they were outside near 700 Chapelview Drive.  Two of the suspects displayed handguns and demanded personal property from the victims.  During the robbery, the 23 year old male was shot in a lower extremity by one of the suspects, and the 30 year old was injured, possibly by bullet fragments.  The 22 year old female ran from the scene and was uninjured.  The suspects obtained undisclosed personal items from the victims.

The 23 year old was transported by EMS to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore with non-life threatening injuries.  The 30 year old male was transported by EMS to Anne Arundel Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

The suspects were described by witnesses as three (3) black males, tall, thin, wearing shorts and white tee-shirts.  Two of the suspects were armed with handguns.

The investigation into this incident is very fluid and active at this time.

A traffic stop was conducted on a vehicle observed leaving the area after the incident last evening. The vehicle was stopped near Chaplegate Drive and Waugh Chapel Road and the driver was subsequently arrested for possession of marijuana.

Follow-up investigation led to the suspect being charged for his role in the aforementioned shooting.

The suspect, Andrew Gary Neale, 22, of 1744 Sea Pine Circle, Severn, Maryland,  has since been charged with Attempted First Degree Murder (three counts), Armed Robbery (three counts), First Degree Assault (three counts), Second Degree Assault (three counts) and related charges.

He is currently being held at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center.

The investigation is active and ongoing. This incident does not appear to be a random act of violence. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Western District Detective Unit at 410-222-6155 or Metro Crime Stoppers.

Previous Article

Regional Recap, July 24, 2013

Next Article

Save Annapolis: HPC Recommends Using Existing Zoning For Redevelopment

You might be interested in …