Join us in Annapolis, Maryland for the 2013 First Sunday Arts Festival on June 2. For five hours – from noon until five — a portion of historic West Street above State Circle is closed to cars and transforms into a fun festival of live music, dance, art and crafts. The Festival, which continues around the corner into Whitmore Park, is free and a family affair for all ages. It’s the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon outdoors surrounded by talented performers, musicians, and over 100 booths of arts and crafts. Plus several of the West Street restaurants become outdoor cafes with perfect seating to watch the fun and people go by!
Performing on West Street during the Festival …
- Annapolis Arts Alliance Member Exhibit –showcasing the rich artistic life of Greater Annapolis – from noon until 5:00 p.m. in Stan & Joe’s side lot.
- Sparks, Raymond & McCoy – these locals play an acoustic mix of rock and folk – from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Wiseman Park
- Unified Jazz Ensemble – A local favorite, the UJE, as they go by, bring a creative trio of the area’s finest jazz musicians together — from 3:15 – 4:45 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
Performing at the Calvert Street Stage
- Jas Acutu – feel the coolness as Larry Griffin leads some of the area’s finest musicians – from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Lilly & Mudd – local group that performs a mix of originals and rarely covered tunes — from 3:30-5:00 p.m. on Calvert Street.
We hope you can join the fun and festivities on June 2nd for Annapolis’ First Sunday Arts Festival. There will be four more opportunities to enjoy First Sunday activities in 2012: July 7, August 4, September 1, and October 6. For more information, visit www.firstsundayarts.com or call: 443-333-9067.