February 4, 2023
Annapolis, US 28 F

Man Jumps From 6th Floor Of AAMC, Suffers Life Threatening Injuries

UPDATE 10:28pm: From the Baltimore Sun:

Annapolis Police admitted [Bradley L.] Poure to AAMC for an emergency psychiatric evaluation early Thursday morning after police responded to a report of a man sleeping beside a motorcycle at an Annapolis gas station on Forest Drive, Det. Amy Miguez said.

Police could not provide details Friday night on the original interaction with officers, but said they had an arrest warrant charging Poure with first- and second-degree assault, second-degree assault on a law enforcement officer, reckless endangerment, false imprisonment and resisting arrest, Miguez said.

While officers had checked on Poure’s status several times after he was admitted, officers were not at the hospital when Poure leaped out the window, Miguez said.

UPDATE 7:54pm:  We just spoke with Chad Dillard, a Public Information Officer with Anne Arundel Medical Center and he has advised that man in question was 40 years old and was indeed a patient at the hospital.  The Capital is reporting that the man was scheduled to be discharged to the police for an unspecified crime when he used a piece of medical equipment to break out the window.

A 30 year-old man jumped from the sixth floor of the Anne Arundel Medical Center this afternoon and is currently in shock trauma with life threatening injuries.

According to Division Chief Michael Cox, the fire department received a call about 4:30pm for a fall victim. Once on scene, they determined that the unidentified man had broken out a sixth floor window and jumped to the roof below. Chief Cox estimates the fall to be 35 to 40 feet.

The patient was immobilized and due to his injuries, the fire department decided to break out an additional window on the third floor of the hospital (rather than transport him down a ladder truck) and transport him to the landing zone for a MSP Helicopter.

The patient was flown with life threatening injuries from the roof of AAMC to shock-trauma in Baltimore.

Chief Cox was unsure if the patient was a patient at the hospital, an employee, or a visitor.

The hospital was supposed to have a PIO on scene to brief the media being held in the Sajak Pavilion, but never arrived. We will update this with a hospital statement if and when one becomes available.


Previous Article

Second Chances Are Rare: Charlie Mars Coming Back To Annapolis

Next Article

Chesapeake Conservation Corps Program Expands To 26 Participants In Third Year

You might be interested in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *