Jeffrey Sears was accused of having sex with his students last year and was promptly suspended (with pay) from his teaching position. Yesterday, he pleaded guilty to two felony charges of sex with a minor and another charge of fourth degree assault. The Capital has a very thorough write up of the hearing, reaction and sentencing.
The school has said that he has been suspended with pay since prior to Thanksgiving and will consider terminating him during the next meeting with the Board of Education.
Sears was also purportedly the impetus behind the appearance of the Westboro Baptist Church’s protest at Glen Burnie High School last month. (Images, Video)
- Sex Offender Arrested At Glen Burnie Panera Bread (eyeonannapolis.net)
- Hate Is Coming To Glen Burnie (eyeonannapolis.net)
- What To Expect When Westboro Baptist Comes To Glen Burnie (eyeonannapolis.net)
- Westboro Pickets Glen Burnie High School – Photos (eyeonannapolis.net)
- Westboro Baptist to protest at Glen Burnie High (hometownannapolis.com)