Serious Accident In Glen Burnie

| February 04, 2012, 08:57 AM | 7 Comments

On February 4, 2012 at approximately 0231 hours, officers from the Eastern District responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision on Green Branch Lane near Crainmont Drive. Officers arrived on scene and found a 31 year old male had sustained serious life threatening injuries. Crash Investigators from the Traffic Safety Section were called to the scene and assumed responsibility for the investigation.

The investigation revealed that the 2012 Chevy Malibu driven by Daryl Laroy Moss Jr. was traveling north on Green Branch Lane when it struck the rear of a 2005 Chevy Van owned by Armando Medrano which was parked along the right side curb. The 2012 Chevy Malibu pushed the 2005 Chevy Van into a 1994 GMC Pickup owned by Oscar Lee Morgan which was also parked along the right side curb. Both of the parked vehicles were legally parked and unoccupied. Speed and alcohol are believed to be contributing factors in this crash.

The driver of the 2012 Chevy Malibu, Daryl Laroy Moss Jr., was transported to University of Maryland Shock Trauma where he is listed in stable condition. The passenger, Jason William Vail, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center and then transferred to University of Maryland Shock Trauma where he is listed in critical condition.

Source: AACoPD

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: Crime News, NEWS

About the Author - EOA Staff

Eye On Annapolis is a community based site focusing strictly on Anne Arundel County. These staff postings are general news postings made by our team of bloggers throughout the day and are not attributed to any one particular staff person.

Author's Website Facebook Twitter YouTube rss feed

1. T Ford says:

It is amazing how this article was released, including names before the families were even notified of this situation. I am absolutely appalled that priority is given to “getting a story” than it is to make sure that these people were ok and that their families were properly notified. I am in total disappointment. The Anne Arundel Police Department was very unprofessional. What if we had read about this before we were called. I understand, that this, just like everything else is news. I expected it to be in the paper. However, I thought that some type of decency would have been shown in this matter. Notify the families first before you put their issues in the news for the public to see. In addition, the hospital claimed that these two men were “John Does” originally. Isn’t it ironic that the police knew enough about them to leak it to the media but not to the hospital. I am 26 years old and I can honestly say, that I have never been more disappointed in AAC’s Police Department. This is not the only thing that has lead to my disaapointment but this is definitely “the straw that broke the camel’s back”

The names were included in the police report released to the media. The police are usually very good about not releasing names until notification has been made to family members.

3. T Ford says:

Well they did a horrible job at it this time..The families were not notified until hours later.

4. BCadet says:

T Ford, think about what you just said… “the families were not notified until hours later”… No kidding. It took hours just for police to initiate the investigation and put it all together. I just happen to have been there on that scene and every officer and fire fighter there worked very quickly and efficiently to get the two accident victims out and keep them alive despite the odds. That story above does not do the scene justice because it was an awful accident. And in case you didn’t know, even though this was not the case, sometimes police use the media to contact the families if they can’t get contact any other way. People need to step off AA County- y’all are so quick to judge an officer or department based off assumptions, bad first impressions, or misunderstanding and yet they are the ones that generally respond to a problem first regardless of how petty or dangerous it may be.

5. BCadet says:

And in continuation, the police did not “leak names to media before the hospital”… they had to wait patiently with the victims at the hospital until they could even get a blood sample or proper identification from their personal belongings. They put the victims first. So take that in with a grain of salt and let it go.

6. T Ford says:

Bcadet,
    First and foremost, the term “yall” is taken out of context because I have had a few encounters with Anne Arundel County Police. I don’t make assumptions. I know why I feel this way. I have many examples. Secondly, they did not have to wait at the hospital to get blood samples for indentification purposes. Please dont attempt to insult my intelligence. I am very aware the media can be used to notify families. However, this option was not needed. You may have “been on the scene” but you are the one making assumptions. I appreciate the fact that these young men were removed from the accident and still alive. SO I dont need to let anything go. You are making assumptions about me when you say that I make assumptions. You do not know what experiences I have had whith Anne Arundel County Police. See, the problem is that you think that you know more about what happened then what actually did. Again, it is truly a blessing that these two young men are still alive0 I appreciate that. I am not making an assumption on “first impressions” or a “misunderstanding”. I am assuming you that you are a family member of a police officer or a future one. My statement is not to bash every single person of the police dept. However, I think the judgement was off in this case. You are clearly upset about what I said but my opinion is just that, my opinion. Case closed

7. Kat0588 says:

T Ford: How are the driver and passenger doing? Myself and another gentlemen were there soon as the accident happened trying to help, An keep the driver calm until the police arrived.