The Chesapeake Regional Tech Council (CRTC) is now accepting nominations for its prestigious 7th Annual TechAwards program, a celebration of technology excellence in the Chesapeake region that recognizes outstanding achievements in the areas of innovation, strategic growth, customer service and stewardship.
The awards are open to companies operating in the Annapolis-Washington-Baltimore region. Nominations will be accepted through January 24th, 2012, and interested parties can review criteria and submit nominations online at www.chesapeaketech.org/techawards.
The theme for the 7th annual program is Vision 2032: 20 Years in Tech. Winners will be announced at the event to be held March 29th, 2012 from 5:30 to 9:30 pm at the Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport.
“We always hear about Silicon Valley being a hotbed for technology companies, but the Chesapeake region is exploding with innovative technology, especially advancements in cyber security,” said Event Chairperson Ida Cheinman, Substance151. “Organizations like the CRTC play a critical role in promoting the high caliber of talent in our area through high-profile events such as the TechAwards. The theme for this year’s event is symbolic of the past accomplishments and future aspirations of the Chesapeake region’s tech community.”
Past winners have included a wide range of companies, from innovative start-ups to well-known industry leaders. Finalists gain high visibility in the region through pre- and post-event marketing and publicity.
Following is a summary of the award categories for 2012:
- The Tech Company of the Year Award is handed to a regional tech company that has proved its dedication, vision and ability to make things happen by working with a sustained, strategic business plan that has enabled it to steadily grow into a player in the area’s tech industry.
- The Innovator Award is given to a company that best exemplifies the entrepreneurship and innovative style it takes to keep the technology industry cutting-edge and forward-moving.
- Future Innovator Award promotes excellence in technology advancement by a regional high school or college student. The award fosters new thinking in the understanding of technology and its place in the future careers of area students. This award is open to students in grades 9-12, community college and four-year college programs. The student must be either from the Annapolis-Washington-Baltimore triangle and/or currently studying in the Annapolis-Washington-Baltimore area.
- The Good Chip Award recognizes an individual or company that shows a social responsibility towards a cause such as saving the environment (e.g., green tech development), developing a technology to better the life of an individual or group (e.g., bio pharm or software systems for developmentally disabled adults) and/or growing the region’s pipeline of tech talent (e.g., STEM education/ workforce development).
- The Best Place to Work Award recognizes a company that fosters a spirit of innovation and creativity in its employees, provides benefits that encourage employee work/life balance and works to inspire greatness in its employees.
For additional information including past TechAwards winners, award criteria and nomination forms, sponsorship opportunities and event details go to www.chesapeaketech.org/techawards .