Chef Zachary Pope, owner of the award-winning Roundz Catering, will host the grand opening of Roundz Gourmet Market in Gambrills on November 17-19, 2011. A ribbon-cutting ceremony with local officials at 11 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 17, will kick off three days of special events. Visitors will enjoy free samples of Roundz spices and other items, a “Name that Food” challenge, cooking demonstrations, and face painting (Saturday, Nov. 19). Roundz will also collect non-perishable food items to benefit local needy families. Make a donation and receive a coupon for a free Roundz custom-roasted coffee or freshly brewed tea.
The 3800-square-foot Roundz Gourmet Market at 2299 Johns Hopkins Road, Gambrills, will house current Roundz Catering operations and serve as a unique culinary shop offering:
- Prepared hot and cold gourmet foods for carry-out or café dining
- Specialty food items such as exotic oils, compound butters, cheeses, mustards, vinegars and more.
- Unique kitchenware such as a specialty vegetable peelers, spider strainers and mandolin slicers.
- An audio/video ready venue for meetings, special functions and events
- Free WiFi
- Cooking classes for all interest levels from novice to gourmand.
“This market is the culmination of seven years of growth and success in catering to the Maryland-DC-Virginia area,” Chef Pope said. “I want this location to be a community hub. I look forward to meeting people and sharing my passion for great food and healthy eating.”
The new Roundz Gourmet Market space is at the end of the Hopkins Place shopping center, facing Johns Hopkins Road, with ample parking and easy access. For more information on opening day events, see the website (www.roundz.com), or find Roundz on Facebook and Twitter.