The Rotary Club of Annapolis has announced grants totaling $49,500 from the net proceeds of the August 2010 World’s Largest Crab Feast. The club received requests from 93 organizations for more than $400,000, and funded 42 of the requests. Recipients and amounts distributed are:
- $3,500 – Rebuilding Together.
- $3,000 – Anne Arundel County CASA Inc.
- $2,500 – The Stanton Center, Food Link, and Arundel House of Hope.
- $2,000 – Happy Helpers for the Homeless – Annapolis Chapter and Partners in Care.
- $1,500 – Anne Arundel County Bar/State’s Attorney’s Victim Witness Fund, Leadership Anne Arundel, Eastport Volunteer Fire Co., Friends of Arundel Seniors Inc., and The ARC of the Central Chesapeake Region.
- $1,250 – Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- $1,000 – Wellness House, Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating, Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Anne Arundel County Public Library Foundation, Cape St. Claire Volunteer Fire Co., Annapolis Recreation and Parks, Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel County, Box of Rain Foundation, Isabel’s Gift, First Presbyterian Church of Annapolis STAIR Program, Anne Arundel County Crisis Response Center, Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic, YWCA of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County, Faces of Valor USA, Serving People Across Neighborhoods (SPAN), and Sarah’s House.
- $750 – Sojourner-Douglass Middle College High School and Annapolis the Beautiful Inc. d/b/a/ArtWalk.
- $700 – Kids and Cops.
- $500 – Annapolis Maritime Museum, Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Foundation, Opportunities Industrialization Center of Anne Arundel County, Arts Council of Anne Arundel County, West River Center Camp Hope, Canine Companions for Independence, the SPCA of Anne Arundel County, and Girls on the Run of the Greater Chesapeake.
- $300 – Boy Scout Troop 855.
- $250 – Annapolis Veterans Acupuncture Clinic.
Now 90 years old, the Rotary Club of Annapolis raises funds each year at its crab feast to distribute to local organizations to improve the quality of life in the community. The club will sponsor the 66th annual World’s Largest Crab Feast from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5, at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis. Tickets are $60 for adults and $20 for children ages 3 to 12 in advance, and $75 and $25 respectively at the gate. For information, call 1-877-333-9667. For ticket questions, e-mail [email protected].