Six Flags America, Maryland’s family fun headquarters located just minutes from Baltimore and Washington, turns on the big time thrill rides, fires up the funnel cake and popcorn stands, and starts up the shows on Saturday, April 16, kicking off the 2011 season with 10 sensational days of Spring Break excitement, including a two-day opportunity to enjoy the fun for less, while benefitting a local food bank.
Open daily from Saturday, April 16 through Monday, April 25, Six Flags America’s Spring Break features fun for every age, with the first rides of the year on everyone’s favorite thrill rides, including SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel and BATWING, plus live music, contests, and the debut of an original stunt show.
GO for Good Food Drive: On Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24, guests can GO for Good, by helping to fill the food pantry at the United Communities Against Poverty (UCAP), an organization dedicated to alleviating poverty and raising awareness of the needs of low and moderate-income residents living in Prince George’s County. Guests who donate six or more non-perishable food items at Six Flags America may purchase one-day admission passes for just $20.11 (plus tax), valid only April 23 and 24. Suggested donations include canned meats or fish, peanut butter, boxed or canned fruit juices, cereals, canned soup, pasta, and rice.
In addition to the food drive, Spring Break at Six Flags America includes special events all week long to kick off the 2011 season of fun. Events include:
- Stride®- A- Palooza: Six Flags America rocks the park with a Battles of the Bands series sponsored by area radio stations and the Six Flags America Facebook page beginning Monday, April 18. Daily prizes will be awarded, with performances from all of the week’s winners on Saturday, April 23 at which a Grand Prize winner will be named. The Grand Prize winner will earn an opening act spot during one of Six Flags America’s Main Stage Concerts in 2011.
- Monday, April 18 –Daily Prize – A four hour recording session at Omega Studios in Silver Spring, MD (Sponsored by Six Flags America Facebook Page)
- Thursday, April 21 –Daily Prize – A guaranteed performance slot at the WPGC Back to School Jam Concert (Sponsored by WPGC FM)
- Friday, April 22 –Daily Prize – A guaranteed performance slot at Stone Soul Picnic in Baltimore, MD (Sponsored by WERQ FM)
- Saturday, April 23 – Grand Prize Concert
- Stride®- A- Thon: Guests take on ROAR, the wildest wooden roller coaster in Maryland, each day during an exhilarating marathon ride competition. Beginning Monday, April 18 through Friday, April 22, daily registrants gather to see how long they can last on ROAR’s twists and turns. The last rider riding after each daily contest will win a Premium FLASH Pass for two, granting the rider and a friend unlimited no-waiting, double cycle rides, all day long, on a return visit to Six Flags America. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. each day; Stride-A-Thon begins at noon. This competition is limited to 24 people per day.
- Stunt Show Premiere: Arrrr you ready for high-flying stunts and swashbuckling adventure? Six Flags America’s acclaimed stunt team premieres Blundering Buccaneers on Saturday, April 16. The show runs each operating day through Sunday, September 25.
Spring Break at Six Flags America is presented by Stride®, the ridiculously long-lasting gum.
Six Flags America offers thrills for every age with world-class coasters, rides for the whole family, sensational shows, and Hurricane Harbor water park (opens May 21). The park is conveniently located just 15 minutes west of Annapolis, 20 minutes east of Washington, and 40 minutes south of Baltimore. For more information, visit sixflags.com/America.