<------

Mexican Cafe Gone!

| October 15, 2010, 10:24 AM | 10 Comments

With many memorable nights filled with good friends and even better margaritas, the Mexican Cafe met its match with a bulldozer this morning. This is an incredibly sad photo for many local residents!

Mexican Cafe lays in ruins

All that is left of the Mexican Cafe are memories. (Photo: Courtesy Jeff Hosler)

The good news is that they will be reopening across town in the former Northwoods shortly!

Tags: ,

Category: LIFE IN THE AREA, NEWS, OPINION

1. That is in the City, albeit in the lower rent district, and there shall be no drinking Margaritas & Tequila shots in the parking lot allowed !

No dancing either.

2. Robert Simmons says:

Wasn’t that the old Timmy’s carry-out from the 70’s??

@Robert—before my time! It was at the end of Edgewood Road on Bay Ridge. If you are heading to Bay Ridge (the neighborhood) it is on the right before Arundel on the Bay.

4. AZTodd says:

If a REAL mexican food joint ever opened east of the mississippi, it wouldn’t get any business because easterners just don’t have the palate for it. T.G. I moved back to Arizona. I remember passing this building when I lived there in the 90’s- sad to see it go down…

5. AZTodd says:

I remember stopping in the parking lot as a “meet up” place with my friends. For us high-schoolers, it was a good central location to smoke cigarettes and plan out the rest of the night.. who are we going to egg tonight??

6. Fred Shubbie says:

Todd, you right about the east coast. The only real stuff comes out of the truck parked on Forest Dr,

Yes, I agree. Tried that truck last week and I am a fan!

8. Matt says:

Yes, it was “Timmy’s”, a sandwich shop that mainly did lunches. Very successful but when they closed, the space was cursed: Many good restaurants opened there…then failed miserably. Finally, when the Mexican Cafe opened we were like WTF?!? It was owned and staffed by white people (no hispanics around here back then) and the wasn’t -ever- that good. But a good dive is a good dive. Best of luck at Northwoods: Will lightning strike twice?

I came to Annapolis in 1996 and it was the Mexican Cafe back then but without the deck out front! I loved it…head in and get your own beer from the cooler–it was the honor system and the food was decent. But a great fun place. Then they needed to serve you the beer (stupid liquor laws) and then it became uber popular!