January 30, 2023
Annapolis, US 44 F

Regional Recap, July 29, 2010

Annapolis’ Man’s Death Attributed To Lightning.  Maryland Natural Resources police said lightning killed an Annapolis man caught on a personal watercraft during a thunderstorm near the Bay Bridge. Officials said 63-year-old Warren Douglas Smith and another man were riding two personal watercraft Sunday evening a half-mile south of the bay Bridge when a storm blew in. Smith was pronounced dead at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Natural Resources Police said a preliminary autopsy determined that Smith died of electrocution. Investigators said they believe he was not hit directly by lightning but electrocuted by a nearby strike.

Developers To Fix Market House’s Woes.  It looks like a Baltimore-based development team wants to take a legitimate stab at turning around the eyesore that The Market House in downtown Annapolis has become.While the announcement may seem exciting for both residents and tourists, merchants told 11 News reporter Lowell Melser that they’ve heard that tune before.The Market House is currently in a sad state of affairs, but according to the mayor’s office, that’s all about to change thanks to a couple of developers who have experience turning similar markets into gems.”I hope it’s legit, but pretty much at this point, I’ve heard it before,” said merchant Nikki Roden, who has run Vacarro’s inside of The Market House for three years.

Ehrlich Has Minor Surgery On Back, Neck.  A spokesman for former Gov. Bob Ehrlich said the Republican is recovering from minor back and neck surgery. Spokesman Andy Barth said Ehrlich, who is campaigning for his old job, underwent minor surgery on Friday.Ehrlich said during a campaign stop in Essex that an old college football injury to his back and neck finally caught up with him and put him out of commission for a few days, but he is recovering. Ehrlich was a linebacker and captain of the Princeton University football team.

Coast Guard Rescues Man, 71, In Patapsco River.The Coast Guard said it rescued a 71-year-old man who was in distress from a boat in the Patapsco River on Tuesday.Coast Guard officials said they got a distress call from a Good Samaritan at about 8:15 a.m.The Good Samaritan said that he checked up on a 20-foot boat that had been sitting in the water near White Rocks Point for more than two hours and found Harry M. Foote Jr., of Baltimore, lying on the deck and unable to speak coherently.Rescue crews got to the boat about 15 minutes later and took Foote aboard.”When we got there, he was lying on the deck, conscious but not alert,” said Petty Officer 1st Class Benji Henry.

Previous Article

Public Testimony On Additional Loan

Next Article

Commission On Disabilities Seeks Members

You might be interested in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *