Herb McMillan For Anne Arundel County Executive <-----

A Girl In Jail, Her Baby? Who Knows?

| July 14, 2010, 10:13 AM | 16 Comments

The good news is that there are three thugs off the street. The bad news is that somehow, someone has failed these people. I am not saying that it is society’s place to make sure everyone lives in the land of milk and honey, but when you look at the facebook profile of this young woman, you just have to wonder what went wrong? Check out some updates from her facebook profile. My what a difference a week makes.

As you read through the updates, anyone can see that there are problems. Where are her parents? Yes, she is an adult, but we all have family. Where are her friends? Maybe it is time for us as a society to step up and get in the game.  If you have followed the police reports of late, this type of incident is all too common. Parents, family, friends–do you really care that little to let this happen to someone you love?

Danielle was having a tough time finding a job–many are. But now it will be much more difficult with this skeleton in her closet. And, what happens now to her young child? Did this baby deserve this?

Here is a copy of the police report:

On July 13, 2010, at approximately 7:05 p.m., officers and detectives from the Eastern District responded to the area of Golden Fleece Drive and Mansion House Crossing in Pasadena for a report of an armed robbery that had just occurred.

Officers were advised that a 19-year-old male victim and a 17-year-old female victim were walking on Golden Fleece Drive when they were approached by a male suspect, who brandished a knife and ordered the female victim to relinquish her purse. The male suspect took the victim’s purse and ran into a nearby vehicle, which was occupied by another male subject and a female driver. The vehicle then fled from the scene. The victim ran into her house and reported the incident to her father, who eventually located the suspect vehicle on Elizabeth Road near Edna Road. Officers were alerted and responded to that location.

Upon arrival, officers were able to stop the vehicle, which was occupied solely by the female driver. The victim’s father indicated that he began following the suspect vehicle onto Elizabeth Road, where a male suspect threw the victim’s purse out of the window. Additionally, he observed both male suspects flee from the vehicle a short time later.

Officers set up a perimeter around the neighborhood and were able to apprehend the two male suspects. The victim’s purse was located and recovered on Elizabeth Road near June Way. The three suspects were transported to Eastern District and charged with Armed Robbery, Robbery, 1st Degree Assault and Theft.

Suspect #1: Joshua Edward Bennett, 20, of 302 Grove Park Road, Brooklyn Park, MD
Suspect #2: Billy Eugene Cash, 18, of 3718 8th Street, Brooklyn Park, MD
Suspect #3: Danielle Marie Dameron, 23, of 2105 Higher Court, Crofton, MD

Tags: ,

Category: OPINION

About the Author - The Observer

rss feed

1. BK says:

I read this entire article, and all I can say is “Huh?”.

First, I had no idea what the back story was about this girl. I had to wait until the end of the story to read the police report. Secondly, is there some missing information about this girl’s background? I don’t see the connection between not being able to find a job, the crime, and how the parents failed their child. Finally, how are we able to gain any information from the Facebook posting? It looks like a girl who had relationship troubles. Everyone has them at some point, but it doesn’t cause armed robbery. It is merely a correlation.

Confused and befuddled,
    BK

2. KC says:

You must have never lived with one of these people.

You ask where the parents/friends etc. are? Many times, they have tried … and tried … and tried … and tried to get these girls on the right path, and the girls don’t WANT to be on that path.

They want to live crooked but without the consequences of living that way. Just doesn’t happen.

After a time, you have to let people fail because ultimately it’s THEIR life and it’s up to them to make it straight.

3. Patti says:

Don’t feel for this girl. She stayed at my home for awhile, stayed at my ex’s home for a while, befriended my daughter and robbed us all blind and we never saw our things again. Her parent have custody of her daughter, she put another up for adoption and has been pregnant so many times it is scary. You cant say that people have let her down because people have tried and she merely uses them to get what she wants, robs them blind than takes off without ever looking back. I always believed in Karma and now hopefully she will get her just desserts.

4. Barbara says:

@ BK at some level I agree with you… just not the tone? I think there is probably more to her story than just relationship troubles and a crime, even though we don’t see it. I am not excusing her behavior, just saying its not always so cut and dried.
    @ KC, What are ‘ THESE” people? Do you know this girl? How do you know what happened in her life? Are you her tired….tired ….tired parent? If not then you should really have a just a touch of empathy. You have no idea what this girl had to deal with in her life. Did you read her info page? Again there is no excuse for what she did and she will have to pay the consequences. But there should have been some help for her so she did not have to go to this extreme. Perhaps you could look at a copy of Poverty amidst Plenty The Two Faces of AA County. www.cfaac.org you should be able to find it here. Maybe you could help…..

5. Barbara says:

I am sorry about your treatment Patti from this girl. However I have to ask you do you think that a person who acts like that doesnt need some kind of intervention or help?
    I dont know what her life was like or what made her act like this. I am very glad to know that she gave up a child for adoption. At least she showed some good sense there, and I am glad to hear that her daughter is well and with family.

6. Steph says:

Are you people serious? You dont know anything about this girl. I am her ex best friend. I let her live with me for free and i bought her everything she needed. we let her boyfriend move in with us too, who she used only for his car and his money. SERIOUSLY, dont take pity on her. If you knew her like we all did, you would hate her just as much as we all do. She stole one of the things that means the most to me, and she constantly lied and cheated with everything,. I got her a job and she messed that up cuz ONE of her boyfriends were more important, cuz she cheats on ALL OF THEM. I hope she has to sit in jail for a long long sentence, maybe she will finally realize that she is just a messed person. Trust me when i say there is no point in caring about her.

7. KC says:

@Barbara – please spare me with the “her situation is unique” stuff. The truth is that it’s not. I’ve seen it over and over again, I’ve attempted to help people over and over again.

The solution is that they have to help themselves, and be committed to it.

However, Barbara, the truth that you and others who think like you don’t want to believe is that sometimes people just can’t be helped, and don’t want to do what it takes to change for the better. It’s easier/more comfortable to live with this chaos than to do the work required to be a responsible person day-in and day-out.

And yes, I use “those people” because I’ve known those people my whole life, lives with a bunch of them for years, and saw dozens go through programs, have family help them, moved them in myself and helped … and the result was the same except for ONE person.

A dose of reality with our empathy leads to real change.

8. Barbara says:

@KC I don’t think you saw “unique” anywhere in my posts. I do know and understand how some people do not and cannot want to be helped, my empathy comes the fact that there was something in this girls life that made her choose this road. Now it is heading for complete destruction. Why??? My “problem” was judging her before knowing any details and the reasons behind it all.
    Again I will say she should not be excused for what she did.She should pay her debt there.

9. BK says:

@Barbara – I tried to read the “Poverty Amidst the Plenty” report, and while it would work well for an editorial, it is far from a research document or a document that could be used for policy changes. Through the first 10 pages, there are various mentions to numbers without baseline references to state or national equivalents. I won’t even dive into the litany of adjectives that make the article sound more like a “Dear John…” letter than a presentation of facts. If I had written this document for my employer, I would have been laughed right out of the door.

Back to my original point, even if I’m reading an editorial, it should be well thought out and presented, and not read like a teenager’s emotional rant from Facebook.

10. Barbara says:

BK .. I agree it’s hard to get through and not well written. However they are trying to make a point, if they haven’t made it well, then I guess someone needs to either show them where, how, and when to get the right information and ,make legible report, or go make one that is updated and shows real information. I don’t think the City, or the State has the real numbers available to them of the people who are homeless, one paycheck away from homeless, so far under the poverty level that they can hardly make sure they get counted. These are the people that Anne Arundel County and Annapolis does not want to know about. Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Shady Side, Deale…..

11. this is danielle. nothing up there has anything to do with my kids or my parents….. it was me being with the wrong man and his friends….. yes i havent been the best person in my life but i have lived and learned from it and i am doing what i have to do now. i did my time for what i did and still am dealing with what i did. i am not saying what i did was ok. but it was a big mistake and i learned from it. i have left the man i was with and since then been with a great man who takes care of me and makes sure i do right!

12. ALSO: as for my mother and father they are amazing pple and did raise me right…… i got to a age where i make my own choices!!!!!!

13. YES i am just writein on here cuz i just saw this crap on here! so that is why it is 2yrs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. and do you pple have anything better to do then try n put a story about someone together!!!!!!!!!!! yes i messed up in the past but i have over come that!!!!! so you all wanna know the real story of my life n not try n make stuff up ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!