The Anne Arundel County Public Schools received some high marks from parents recently. Nearly 15,000 parents completed the survey this year which is designed to gauge how welcoming the schools are to students, and how communicative they are to parents. The survey was first done last year and this year’s results reflect a 70% increase in responses.
Some of the highlights include:
- 94% expressed satisfaction with the school system as a whole
- 97% said they felt their children were safe at school
- 94% felt they were well informed of events and activities at school
- 93% felt the schools provided adequate outlets to share their concerns
- 87% felt well informed about new programs and their child’s individual learning
Of the total responses, 66% came from elementary school parents, 27% from middle school, and only 7% from high school.
To see more detailed results (by school cluster or individual school, click here.