Last Snow Day Still In Play
Anne Arundel County Schools will be opening 2 hours late on Friday, January 8, 2010 due to a mild winter storm in the region.
With this delay, there is still one planned snow day left on the calendar. The district has 4 planned and three were used in December 2009. Should all four days be used, any additional snow days will result in an extension of the school year. The decision to close or delay schools is never made lightly and many factors go into the process including:
- ability of school buses to navigate neighborhood roadways
- safety of students waiting for buses
- ability of school district personnel to clear school property
- forecast for continued poor weather conditions
- advice from Anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis