Moyer Goes On Defensive
Once again, rather than debating the issues in a rational manner, the “esteemed” Mayor of Annapolis is let off her leash and attacks The Capital. Now granted, some of her points were valid and The Capital could have done a better job; but this is so typical of the Mayor to attack anyone that questions her actions or motives.
Does everyone remember when the ineffective Chief Joseph Johnson could not control the escalating crime? When the citizens were upset? And the Mayor called them all a bunch of “rhetorical bomb throwers”?
If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. As any politician (or aspiring politician) knows, there will be second guessing, attacks, and disagreements. And as any kindergartner knows, resorting to name calling is not the best way to solve it.
As the Annapolis Mayor winds down her administration, she is desperate to leave a legacy other than one of utter failure. To be honest, aside from a few environmental issues, there is very little for which this Mayor should be proud.
- The police station construction project
- The Market House Debacle
- Her last minute attempt to award her cronies 6 months severance for jobs poorly done
- Her refusal to address racial and sexual harassment in City Hall
- Her refusal to communicate with her constituents
- Her constant efforts to create high paying jobs for special friends despite qualifications
- Her inability to vet out qualifications of key members of her staff
There are many more to list. Leave a comment and let us know how good (or bad) you feel this Mayor has done. What is her legacy?