City Employee Sues Moyer Administration For Sexual Harassment
It’s a good thing that the City of Annapolis is in such good financial shape. We wonder what it will look like when the new Mayor takes office in December.
The Arundel Muckraker has obtained a copy of the latest Federal suit against the city for racial discrimination, harassment, fostering a hostile work environment, sexual harassment and retaliation.
Ruby Blakeney laid out specific instances in her suit including
- Mayoral Appointee Mike Miron approached her and other women asking if they wanted to see his “pussy”. (He was carrying a cat at the time)
- Mayoral Appointee Mike Miron routinely commented that because of her race (presumably) she would not have been allowed in certain establishments in years past
- Mayoral Boyfriend Dale Maddoix reached under her blouse and groped her while the Mayor watched
- Mayoral Boyfriend Dale Maddox referred to her as “Aunt Jemima”
- Mayor Moyer refused to address the issues and despite having been a witness, claims she did not believe Ms. Blakeney