Teen Murder Update

| May 31, 2009, 11:12 AM | 63 Comments

Suspects and Victim Identified

Anne Arundel Police Department

UPDATE: 3:45pm. From schoolmates, the victim was a freshman at South River Senior High  and had recently transferred to the Edgewater school from Arundel High.

According to Sgt. James Fredericks, homicide detectives have now identified multiple suspects in this case, but charges have not yet been filed. An autopsy will be done today and the investigation continues. The motive is still unclear, yet detectives believe the victim was known by the suspects. The suspects targeted the victim and it was not a random incident.

The identity of the victim was also released. Christopher David Jones – age 14, of the 2400 block Old Mystic Court, Crofton, Maryland.

Tags: , , ,

Category: Breaking News, Crime News

1. Sam says:

When are the news reorts going to tell the truth. Christopher was white and his attackers were all black teenagers who decribed themselves as a gang.

2. Eye Spy says:

We have not heard of the ethnicity of anyone involved. The term “gang” is used to mean a group and not necessarily defining them as an orhganized crime syndicate (gang).

3. collin says:

It was the gang tnt that killed him!

4. Eye Spy says:

What is “the gang tnt”

5. concerned parent says:

Whether Christopher knew these pieces of trash who did this to him or not is completely irrelevant. That child did not deserve to suffer and die the way that he did. This is nothing but a HATE CRIME. How come no one in the media is mentioning that he was a WHITE kid, bruttally attacked by BLACK kids? If this were the other way around that is all you would be hearing about. I hope these THUGS fry for what they have done to this precious child. His famiy is enduring a grief that we can only imagine. My heart is broken for his parents and family. I am sick of these BLACK kids that walk around Crofton and jump WHITE kids to steal thier ipods and cell phones. It happens all the time in Crofton. The have no regard for human life or what is right. Please prayer for Christopher’s family and may his precious 14 year old soul rest in peace…….

6. Eye Spy says:

Again, there has been no mention of race in any news report or police report issued–either of Chris’s ethnicity of his attackers. I think we all can agree on the horror of this crime and the punishment these guys deserve, but at this point, making assumptions that this was a racially motivated crime is just conjecture.

7. angel says:

I feel so sad for the parents of this young boy. I think that as parents We All need to watch what goes on outside our doors and have a voice when we see something wrong going on. People are affraid, I get it, but take back our neighbor hoods from these young punk kids.

8. D.L. says:

Hey Eye Spy. Don’t you think the people posting to this site from Crofton know the ethnicity of Chris and his attackers? My son played baseball with Chris a couple of years ago.

9. Eye Spy says:

They may indeed know the ethnicity. But at this point, speculating that it was a racial killing is a bit premature. And I might question why these people who have this supposed “first hand knowledge” did not do anything to prevent the tragedy. If they were close enough to know they were black, they certainly were close enough to do something.

10. clyde remireoesquierski says:

Who cares if the attackers are green or yellow or aqua-marine ? Concerned Parent, you are a racist pig. Go live in Idaho with the rest of the White Supremacists.

11. concerned parent says:

Eye Spy, what are you talking about? The Chris was riding his bike a couple of blocks away from his own home. It was 4:00 in the afternoon, and there were SEVERAL witnesses. FACT: Chris was white, attackers black. And by knowing this fact does not mean ANYONE could have prevented this horrible incident.

12. Aaron says:

i knew chris and the people tht killed him were in the ESD gang

13. Eye Spy says:

Many people are claiming inside knowledge. This is the second “gang” that was mentioned, and if you were aware of all of this–shame on you for not trying to do something about it!

And one commenter is saying it was a black white thing and now you are saying it was ESD–an Hispanic gang.

14. carlito says:

well i knew chris stfu and stop saying all this false shit about him

15. Eye Spy says:

So, presumably SEVERAL (your words) adult witnesses see a gang of presumably black kids approach a white kid on a bike in the middle of the day and start to beat him up and do nothing? The police arrived and thought he had been hit by a car. So apparently none of those SEVERAL witnesses called in with an accurate description of what was happening. And why didn’t any of these SEVERAL witnesses intervene and do something–anything.

If I saw it and was afraid for my own safety, I likely would have driven my car into the group of them with my horn blaring.

16. Concerned Wildcat says:

As an Arundel student, it is concerning that this happened, but at the same time, you can’t jump to conclusions. Obviously, I don’t know how South River works, but at Arundel it’s rare that anything concerning racial differences is more than a joke. Yeah, it happens, but like I said, it’s rare. Chris was white, but that wasn’t specified in this article, or any other articles I’ve read about his murder. The most detailed any of them got about the suspects was that, “Detectives learned that Jones was attacked by five to seven male suspects, all of whom are believed to be in their teens.” If you were there, and were unfortnuate enough to have witnessed this tragedy, then call the cops and share that information, and then comment all you want about it. But if you weren’t there, just pray for the Jones family, because that’s really all you can do to help. Stop making assumptions, because when you do, you usually just end up making an ass out of yourself, just like the saying goes.

17. Ken says:

I have seen the youths suspected of this crime. My Son and his friend have seen them harrass and attack an other youth. It might not be a white/black thing. They are problay just worthless pieces of dung raised to be that way by their parents and the environment they choose to live in

18. Eye Spy says:

Concerned Wildcat—thanks for the post. You are absolutely correct and we need not be jumping to conclusions. My daughter is at SRHS and does not know Chris, but knows of him. As you said the racial thing is non existent (for the most part) at school (at least from her perspective) and she laughed at the assertion that there were “gangs”.

Let the police do their investigations. They have suspects, there are witnesses, and if there are any more, do as Concerned Wildcat says and call the police and offer up what you saw!

19. crofton girl says:

There are at least 2 teen gangs in Crofton, E$D and TNT and this was gang related, ESD were the attackers and Chris was friends with TNT members, so maybe retaliation of some sort but no one is sure yet. These boys roam around Crofton on a regular basis, where are the parents? Crofton parents need to get more involved in their childrens lives and find out who their friends are and if they are a member of a gang. My kids are at Crofton Middle and know who are the kids in the gangs.

20. Anthony says:

To anyone that is concerned about this incident: I live in the community where this happened and I have teenage children. Yes, it is true the victim was white, but to end the racial tone of this crime one of his attackers was in fact bi-racial. Everyone that lives in this community are here because they work hard and want the best environment for there families. To say that black kids are stealing white kids’ ipods and cell phones is ridiculous. One of the main problems in suburban America period is that kids in communities like Crofton are so intrigued by the inner city life and are trying to emulate what they see and hear thru entertainment. As a parent of children in suburban Crofton I have as great of a responsibilty to teach them and give them proper guidance to avoid making the wrong decisions and associations with the wrong types of crowd. Parents cannot think that there is not a bad influence in any community regardless of the price of the homes surrounding you. Raise your kids by positive examples and teach them positive behavior. Hopefully they will live the right type of life and respect the will and law of society!

21. a REAL parent in Crofton says:

Dear Concerned parent: How can you call yourself a “parent” when you’re teaching your children to be racists? Parents DO NOT teach hatred! How dare you say, “I am sick of these BLACK kids that walk around Crofton and jump WHITE kids to steal their ipods and cell phones.” Are you implying that black families cannot afford iPods & cellphones? The last time I checked, Malia & Sasha don’t have to steal ANYTHING from ANYONE!!!!

22. Concerned Wildcat says:

“a REAL parent in Crofton,” your kids can probably read, and Malia and Sasha can certainly read well enough to know that you totally misquoted “Anthony.”

He definately said, “To say that black kids are stealing white kids’ ipods and cell phones is ridiculous.” That statement certainly implied nothing racial against black children. He actually called it “ridiculous.” Think about how ridiculous you look right now. “Anthony,” said nothing racist, or anything about raising his children to be racists. Again, just shut up and pray for the Jones family.

23. Anonymous says:

chris’s dad lived next to me in crofton, and he was always out washing the car, riding his bike, or doing whatever. all the kids in crofton are almost 100% sure who did it. these tnt and esd gangs are so dumb. keep chris in your prayers.

24. Anonymous says:

um it deffinantly wasn’t the gang tnt for everyones information. esd..

25. Will Smith says:

To all the ESD PUNKS or TNT whatever you call yourself. you have caused great saddness in this town. YOU WILL PAY for your actions I hope and pray that you suffer long and hard in a cell. Thats right Wise guys you have completly ruined your life and the lives of the people in your family and the vctims. I would pay good money to see you fry in the chair for what you did. You do not deserve the air your breathing. LOW LIFE SCUM MY YOU ALL ROOT IN HELL !!!!!!!!!

26. a REAL parent in Crofton says:

Concerned Wildcat: I was not quoting Anthony, I was quoting “Concerned Parent.” After you read it again (read it for the 1st time because you must not have read it at all!” And to shut you up for the rest of the night Anthony’s children are MY children also, he is my husband!!!!

27. Kit says:

In the face of a community tragedy, people are pointing fingers at each other instead of searching for the answers. Lets take a second to think about Chris’ family, and perhaps to join as a community (instead of white vs. black, triangle vs. outside the triangle, etc…)

28. Crofton Parent says:

My son received the tragic phone call yesterday night.. I’m reading all of these comments and it’s just so sad that in the midst of this is a young boys life taken too early. My son also questions a specific group of kids of doing this because Chris was friends another group. Parents, I say to you, know what your kids are involved in. Talk to them, question them. What was this boys life taken for? Because he hung out with the wrong group! It doesn’t matter what color these thugs were. They will be prosecuted just like every other criminal. My prayers go out to the family. I can’t imagine what they must be going through.

29. Ken says:

This was a hate crime and not gang activity. The suspects have haraseed kids in the neighborhood before. This made it easier to find them. The guardians of of one of the suspects is very familiar with the court system. So maybe we sholud just blame society. There will be more arrests soon. Just a shame it happened

30. A family friend says:

How you can sit here and fight over this he said she said crap is beyond rediculous. as you are sitting here fighting the parents of this child are mourning. you could be helping this family out but instead you are fighting. how can you deal with yourself??

31. Crofton Resident says:

I’ve lived in Crofton for 13yrs and I’m black. I’d like to say that my 13yr son does not walk around robbing and stealing from people. Its not the color of your skin fyi that forces people to act in this manner. God bless Christophers family.

32. Chernmax says:

So when do the adults stand up and take back their neighborhood from these kid thugs. This is just another sad case of reactive comments verse a proactive approach to a problem that everyone seems to know existed! Every one of these kid thugs has a parent or guardian, that’s the start of the problem that needs to be addressed!!!

33. Eye Spy says:

@Chernmax…yes it is a problem and one not to be handled via comments on a website. I am not sure anything of substance can come from the comments. But if they can, my “solution” is that parents just take a LITTLE more time (not a lot) and know your kids. You brought them into this world, a little bit of your time will not cost you a dime and will do a world of good.

34. freemeletme says:

This is truly a tragedy. When I first learned of the young man’s untimely death, my heart dropped and I shed many many tears. To the family, I wish you my sincere condolence and will pray for your family healing during this tragic time. Please all let’s come together as a concerned group to combat the violence in our neighborhood. I am the parent of a young boy and the aunt to another. If something like this was to happen to one of them, I don’t know what I would do. I want to be sure that not only I, but the entire company can walk the streets of Crofton and not have to worry about being threatened by those around us. I hope and pray that this situation doesn’t become a black/white issue, but that we can take control of our children and community for the better. Let’s unite in a positive manner and not continue to begrudge and belittle one another. Its not healthy and cannot change the situation.

35. Jeff says:

Chris was friends with members of the “TNT” gang. (The New Threat). And he was attacked by members of “ESD” (East Side Diamonds). I would know I used to hang out with members from each, BEFORE the gangs were made. The main reason for the attack is to make TNTmore mad to come after them? I personally don’t think the attackers ment for the killing but it didnt turn out that way. I go to crofton middle and know most of the members from each gang, if you want to know more email me at [email protected]

36. godlives says:

jjjjjjjjjjjjj

37. godlives says:

I agree, let’s wait until the facts come out not comment on the “hearsay”. I have several friends that live in Crofton who have had no problems with crime. Please let’s not forget that there is a young boy’s life that was taken far too soon. We need to find out what the suspect’s parents have to say before we accuse them unjustly. How can we sit at our computers clicking away judgng when there is only one person who can judge. How do we know that any of the parents have not tried to get any, if not, all of the kids help and gave up when no one reached out. We have yet to hear from any one of the suspect’s parents. May God bless Chris’s family and the families of the suspects that will be tried because they will have to face this everyday and be reminded that their child was involved in this horrific murder. Please refrain from the racist comments and gang comments until we know actual facts because you are hurting one another whether you realize it or not.

38. crofton teacher says:

What is curious to read is the lack of parenting and acceptance of responsibility from those posting. As a teacher, I unfortunetly see this sort of finger pointing from parents on a daily basis. We blame race, society, neighborhoods…etc. We never blame ourselves. It is natural, we don’t want to imagine that we played any role in this young man’s loss of life. We are a communittee. And all of these children, victims and attackers alike are our children. Our own children make mistakes, sometimes small and inconsiquential, sometimes large and life-lasting. Our job as parents, teachers, communittee, and society as a whole is to raise, protect, teach, and love all these children. We haven’t proven anything by getting angry and wishing the worst on them for a mistake that will probably cost them most of their lives if not all in prison. I teach many children who make choices like this regularly. It breaks my heart to know that another young life was taken and one was self-destroyed. How can we expect these children to learn non-violence when we can’t speak to each other well ourselves. They emulate us, all of them; from the honors child to the street kid. They watch, they learn. How they apply that knowledge is a complicated web of psychology few comprehend. “Taking back” the neighborhood when what is to take back is our own. These are are children, you can’t nor should get rid of them. My husband, who is from L.A. and knows personally about gangs and myself, who teach children who want to be or are in gangs feel this is an epidemic of many suburban areas. Children long for something exciting and so we have these fake or ‘wanna-be’ gangs. They are not true gangs as they lack the basic elements. What we have is a lack of communittee involvement. Our socity feels that children should be raised by parents. And they should, but those parents need to accept and ask for help from the communitte. We don’t want to get involved, until we feel it has gone to far. Seems a bit late at moments like this, but it’s not.

39. michelle says:

Please move out of crofton, and leave the crap behind, this is 2 the mom of 2 twins, get the hell out of dodge and come to where i am.

40. alll says:

tnt was the gang that did this. they are a gang at arundel.i used to live by one of the kids that did this. he has always been a troublemaker

41. It's a shame says:

To: Concerned Parent… PLEASE DO NOT write when you’re angry. I hope you truely don’t beleive that all black kids in Crofton behave that way. I’m sure if you beleive that black Crofton kids act the way you discribed you must feel that ALL black kids behave that way. Hopefully, you’re upset (as you should be) but take the time out to learn to DEAL with your concerns in a respectful ADULT manner. Afterall…you’re a parent. It makes me feel that you are raising your poor children to feel that way. Our kids behave as we teach them!!! The only important thing here is that an innocent young child has been killed. That family wont ever be able to do the things we do with our kids everyday! Let’s show respect for Chris and his family instead of insulting each other in the community. I’ve lived her for 8 years and no matter where I live I make sure my daughter is busy every moment of her life. Busy socially (sports/hobbies) and involved with the school. You can’t be there to watch them every step of the way but you can certainly teach them to be NICE TO EVERYONE (concerned parent) regardless of their backgrounds. FYI…I had to help a young boy a few months ago that was actually beat up right infront of my house. I was able to identify the attackers and they were not all white,black or hispanic. It was a melting pot of jerks! Crofton is a melting pot of different people. Let’s help each other out w/o the perssonal attacks!

42. Leslie says:

I don’t care if the murderers were black, white, green or blue, they need to pay for the crime they committed. I hope they are given the harshest sentence available. Until people of all ages, colors,creeds, are made to pay for their crimes this sort of thing will happen again and again. Make examples out of these thugs and maybe the next would be murderer will think twice.

43. lol says:

I laughed.

44. steve says:

please say a prayer for this boy and his grieving family i cant even imagine the pain they are feeling. also say a prayer for our nation which is going down the moral sewer hole. and last thing to do is hope that these two legged animals will rot in hell the rest of there worthless lives

45. A concerned Seahawk says:

As a student of southriver high school seeing chris around everyday and having him in my lunches and seeing him in the halls this really gets to me :[
    for all of those who say it wasnt a racially motivated attack i find that hard to believe because you know damn well if it was a group of whites that killed a black boy all them damn ******* would have the NAACP down there and every news station in the world reporting it as targeting against the blacks.
    I mean come one think about it…….

and regaurdless of anything chris is gone an nobody or nothing can bring him back so we shouldnt be arguing about it we should be praying that he’s safe up there and pay attention more to our own kids and their safety.

46. anonymous says:

Obviously this is a digression from this tragedy, but the post by “crofton teacher” saddens me for the education of our children. She can’t even be consistent in her mis-spelling of the same word. Her English is just horrible.

47. Crofton teen says:

i live right by the scene, it isthe sadest thing thats happened. chris was such a great guy. His mom was so protected of him. this should not have happened to him. esd(east-side diamonds) are so stupid. they really are a gang, tnt is a family. Javel is so stupid. he shouldnt have done it. chris didnt deserve it. javel you should have stopped. you should have stopped after you saw chris was hurt. how is your mother feeling right now? probably disgusted with your black ass. he was almost home. maybe if he would have rode a little faster he would have made it. now everyday i drive by and have to see where his bike was laying after he died. i have to deal with news crew and that memorial tree. How dare you do this?

48. Crofton Veteran says:

To all the parents who think this was not a black v. white. It was on that saturday around 5:00(before the suspects knew they actually killed the kid) when i drove past 6 black teens,(one of these teens is the suspect that got arrested) right next to the pool. I was playing my country music and when i parked to walk in my house i noticed that the teens were screaming at me calling me cracker and redneck. At the time I was not aware of what happened, so just ignored it thinking it was just some young immature tenns.I am 20 years old and mature enough to know that i cannot harm a minor or im going to jail. I was so disgusted that these dumb kids were mad at me for playing country music. I was so pissed when i heard that these kids killed a boy right before they were screaming at me for being white. I blame the parents not the CHILDREN who are blind to the real world.

49. A Wildcat says:

I’m a sophomore at Arundel, and I did not personally know Chris but I saw him around the halls all of the time. He always had a smile on his face, and from people that knew him, he was such a nice kid.

It makes me sick that there are parents making rude and ignorant comments, whether about the situation or back to one another. Are you being serious? Grow up.

A innocent 14 year old boy was killed, and you are fighting with eachother. Why don’t you stop being so self centered, and go pray for Chris’ family and friends.

Whether it was gang related or not, an innocent life was still taken. Is that not enough for our community to come together and stop all of the violence? And to pray and be there for the Jones family?

Think about it before you post more rediculous comments on here.

RIP Christopher, We love you and miss you. You will NEVER be forgotten.

50. Bowie Parent says:

First and foremost my heart goes out to Chris’s parents, I pray that God sends you the strength to endure your tragic loss.

Black, white, white black…does it matter? Will it bring Chris back? Will it stop the pain or erase the loss? At the end of day, Chris is what matters.

51. Crofton Parent says:

Please keep in mind that the 14 year old suspect in this case has been causing trouble in the neighborhood for years. It doesn’t seem like his parents did anything to bring him under control. He’s been allowed to cause havoc time and time again. Threaten kids again and again. I witnessed him bullying kids at the bus stop including my own children. He would knock girls down in the dirt while they waited for the bus. It was only a matter of time until he reached a new level of violence. The color of his skin doesn’t matter. It’s his attitude that matters. We should be asking his parents why they didn’t do more to keep him in line.

52. AL says:

***MUST READ***
    These kids are nothing unusual. My back ground at age 12 I was charged with 3 counts of armed robbery at 14 i was charged with 2 assualt and battery charges both times I was committed to state instutions where I grew more and more angry. I had both a mother and step father working class. What happen. Kids about that age get lost not knowing who they are where they fit in. With both parents no one paid attention to what I was doing or supported me to do anything positive. In other words my parent and community put no effort in me. I felt like a walking ghost. For the armed robberies thinking that I would be liked if i had the same clothes as all the other kids that would make me fit in but whos gona hire a 12 year old. Assualts everyone knew me, everyone hated me or wanted to be gone. Especailly teachers. They did not want me in there class period. I can only imagine what they would talk about during there breaks. I felt so isolated and depressed. I remember going up to the school vice princepal and asking him how to quit school. He stated ” All you have to do is have your parents come in and fill out the paper work.”He did not understand that I was asking him for help, or did he. After my second fight at school I was sent to Greenrigde Youth facility out in Cumberland Mountains. Where i was surround by counselors in a positive peer culture. I wanted to change and people to like me and feel accepted. My GPA at the private state school was 3.8 before getting sent there it was 1.5 at Wicomico Senior high school. Why such a big difference.There I did not have teachers waiting to fulfill a prophecy about me. When i was released from greenridge and wanted to go back to school. LOL. I remember I was to start at a school out of my district. It was in the middle of the semester I was confident that I would be able to graduate on time. But one look at my record and the principal stated it was too late in the year. You could look in his face and see he did not want me there. Bad new travels fast. He was hoping I would not come back the next year. I did come back and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. Got a track scholarship to Univ of Maryland. Graduated with a 3.2 gpa from the University of Maryland. How do you take a poor kid thats heading to jail and make honor role student out of them. Get involved. Let them know they have your support. Find out whats on there mind. Listen. Look at the signs. Fire all guidence counselors!! The only thing that guidence counselors do is help kids plan for classes the following year. There Job qualification needs to be revamped from gym teacher of 10 years to train psycologist. Funded after school programs that provide a positive peer culture. These programs to include gear if the child has income issues. TRAINED GUIDANCE COUSELORS to help identify possible problems and make every effort to get parents involved. More than calling the parents in to dicuss how bad there child has been. But actually setting a treatment plan with goals that have to met, that way parents are held accountable. My parents care for me B

53. AL says:

con. BUT THEY ARE NOT GOOD A PARENTING A TEENAGE.

54. AL says:

These kids are nothing unusual. My back ground at age 12 I was charged with 3 counts of armed robbery at 14 i was charged with 2 assualt and battery charges both times I was committed to state instutions where I grew more and more angry. I had both a mother and step father working class. What happen? Kids about that age get lost not knowing who they are where they fit in. With both parents no one paid attention to what I was doing or supported me to do anything positive. In other words my parents and community put no effort in me. I felt like a walking ghost. For the armed robberies thinking that I would be liked if i had the same clothes as all the other kids, that that would make me fit in, but whos gona hire a 12 year old. Assualts everyone knew me, everyone hated me or wanted to be gone. Especially teachers. They did not want me in there class period. I can only imagine what they would talk about during there breaks. I felt so isolated and depressed. I remember going up to the school vice princepal and asking him how to quit school. He stated ” All you have to do is have your parents come in and fill out the paper work.”He did not understand that I was asking him for help, or did he. After my second fight at school I was sent to Greenridge Youth facility out in Cumberland Mountains. Where i was surround by counselors in a positive peer culture. I wanted to change and people to like me and feel accepted. My GPA at the private state school was 3.8 before getting sent there it was 1.5 at Wicomico Senior high school. Why such a big difference.There I did not have teachers waiting to fulfill a prophecy about me. When i was released from greenridge and wanted to go back to school. LOL. I remember I was to start at a school out of my district. It was in the middle of the semester. I was confident that I would be able to graduate on time. One look at my record and the principal stated it was too late in the year. You could look in his face and see he did not want me there. Bad news travels fast. He was hoping I would not come back the next year. I did come back and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. Got a track scholarship to Univ of Maryland. Graduated with a 3.2 gpa from the University of Maryland. How do you take a poor kid thats heading to jail and make honor role student out of them. Get involved. Let them know they have your support. Find out whats on there mind. Listen. Look at the signs. Fire all guidance counselors!! The only thing that guidance counselors do is help kids plan for classes the following year. ANY teachers aide can do that. Their job qualification needs to be revamped from gym teacher of 10 years to train psychologist. Funded after school programs that provide a positive peer culture. These programs to include gear if the child has income issues. TRAINED GUIDANCE COUSELORS to help identify possible problems and make every effort to get parents involved. More than calling the parents in to dicuss how bad there child has been. But actually setting a treatment plan with goals that have to be met, that way parents are held accountable. My parents care for me a lot BUT THEY JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE A TEENAGE!

55. AL says:

The above statement was written under great emotion. My heart goes out to the boys family.

56. gail quaschnick says:

I think we all know if this was a white kid that murdered a black kid the national news would have been all over it people better wake up to what is going on in this country and fast!!

57. Gabrielle says:

Chirs was a friend of mine so many don’t really understand what everyone os going through. He was a great kid that had touched many people’s hearts, including my own. I’m 14 years old and am only a couples months older than chris. His best friend is my net door neighbor and in his front yard he has put up a sign that says, ‘R.I.P Chris Jones-Great friend, great kid, may you stay with Go forever…I’ll meet you there one day.’ Some people think that it isn’t something very uncommon. But they are the people who don’t understand. If you had watched the news you would know that there was a special ceremony for him that sunday-monday he was murdered. I was there, crying and praying for a friend. My older brother was there also with Bret, his best friend, and my friends Brady and Heather. It was a very scary and sad moment for many people…and I don’t believe anyone in the Crofton are, including myself and my family, will ever forget Christopher David Jones and the wonderful moments he had with all of us. he will forever stay in my thoughts and heart and I will never side with the ruthless kids who did that to him. I love you Chris, always have, always will. Forever, R.I.P Chris Jones.

58. D. Williams says:

First let me state that I am glad the police have apprehended two of the delinquents, and I hope the others involved are appehended as well. I hope they all will be charged as adults in criminal court because unless you have a severe mental handicap at 16, you know severely beating someone up (resulting in death in this case) is wrong!!
    The problem with society today is that we have a group of individuals who think they are “special”. They think that our laws don’t apply to them. It is evident in the way they act by disrespecting our policemen and by their total disregard for our court system. I even see this by the way they drive. Ignoring road signs and just doing whatever they want, when it comes to a traffic sign with a big red circle and a slash thru it. We can do this cause we are “special”.
    It is also ironic that they think a “good kid” is a kid who has a small criminal record (maybe even served some time), because when they finally kill that is what the mother has the nerve to say on the news after the fact.
    Those “special” people we are condemned to live with have their owned laws, it is just not the laws that I recognize and grew up with.

59. Dempsey says:

Christopher’s younger cousin made a comic in memory of her cousin whom she loved dearly…http://pixton.com/comic/1damaxk3