Herb McMillan For Anne Arundel County Executive

An Annapolis Tea Party?

| March 18, 2009, 07:19 AM | 22 Comments

We are not talking about tea at Reynolds Tavern or at the British Shop in West Annapolis. We are talking a real revolt. Right here in Maryland!  From the Facebook Event Page:

MARYLAND! This is a CALL to stand up for your freedoms!!! Our Local, State, and National governments are over spending on bailouts and footing the bill to US! The taxpayers! They are also using this economic crisis to pass legislation that is expanding government and stripping away our rights and civil liberties! WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO STAND UP AND FIGHT! This is NOT a Republican or Democratic issue. Your help is needed to show our representatives in government, both legislative and executive that what they are doing is wrong and UNAMERICAN! Please come out and show your support for the cause to end the bailouts and create sensible American solutions towards our current economic problems. Help tell our ELECTED officials that we need an end to the Hoover-style corporate welfare that is sponsored by hard working American citizens. This TAX DAY TEA PARTY will follow in the foot steps of our first citizens that saw injustice in the rule of their leaders, and were unfairly taxed by an oppressive government. Annapolis has always been a pivotal city in preserving this “Free State” and great nation’s liberty, please support Freedom and protest tyranny!!!

The event is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15th from noon to 2pm at the Susan G. Campbell Park at City Dock in Annapolis.boston_tea_party_1_lg

Tags: ,

Category: POLITICAL NEWS

1. Mark Goldberg says:

I’m interested in participating in the Annapolis Tea Party. Let’s see the Democrats try to stop this one with their so-called Fairness Doctrine!

2. SUSAN MARIANO says:

I’M INTERESTED & I’LL BRING MY TEA BAGS. ONE SORRY COUNTRY, ALL IN 2 MONTHS.CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE OTHER 10 MONTHS?

3. BRIAN SCHWARTZ says:

Count me in!! This sounds like a good start to the problem. Next I would like to see a brigade of fully dressed continental soldiers lead a protest to Capitol Hill and hand deliver a copy of the Constitution signed by all the Americans who have had enough. Maybe that would send a message to all the “Leaders” up there who seem to have forgotten its existence. Not to mention make sure there is a clear and concise statement to ignorant, out of touch men like “Chuck Shumer” that we LITTLE PEOPLE do in fact care about the welfare of our country.

4. Michael Houser says:

Many of my associates and I will be there. I can only wonder when the American people will realize they have been lied to by their so called representaives on both the state end federal level;promised outcomes that can never be achieved financed by taxing schemes that only ensure financial ruin and their continued hold on power. It is time for us to wake up and reconnect with the founding documents of this nation. We look forward to to April 15th.

5. Robor says:

Hi,
    Thank you! I would now go on this blog every day!

Thanks
    Robor

6. Susan Chones says:

Wake up AMERICA!!!Every day brings us closer to the USA none of us will recognize. Change…indeed. He warned us.
    Time is up….we cannot afford to sit by and continue to allow this to go unnoticed. April 15th is just the beginning. We’ll be back on July 4th and Sept. 11th. Until this Congress and Administration hears US!
    ENOUGH!
    Bring everyone you know. UNITE
    PS….Gov. O’Malley, you’ll hear us, too.

7. Frank Davis says:

Would love to organize a bunch of boaters to join in. Is there a person to contact to coordinate with?

8. Robert Hoagland says:

It’s about time!!! I’ll be there!!! Keep spreading the word. We must have a big turn out! We cannot count on the Media to get the word out for us.
    Have you heard ANY coverage of the other Tea parties going on around the country? I think NOT!

9. Jaimie says:

My dad decided to let me take off school to go to this. This is the beginning of a revolution!

10. Mike Edwards says:

Wow!

I have been fighting to get the American people to join for a goood event against our Government. We the people of the next generation need to save our kids from proverty. If you think it is bad in 2009 wait until 2018.

Fight for our kids and our Flag of the United States.

God Bless America!!

Mike Edwards’s last blog post..Houston Faces Shocking Claim

11. great to see young people coming out Jaimie. It’s your piggy bank Obama and his friends on the hill are robbing.

Bring your friends too!

Jessie Casson’s last blog post..Welcome to the new Tea Party

12. Thomas Dean says:

My wife and I are coming can’t wait, but with all these repubs. taking off of work it’s safe to say that there won’t be much work getting done in maryland.

13. Rick Saffery says:

I’m planning to be there. They are becoming more irrelevant each day. But they aren’t gone yet. Anyone reach out to see if the ‘dead-tree-media’ teevee folks will be there to capture the moment?

14. Faith says:

This is SO exciting! Can’t wait to be there. I am hoping there will be thousands there. Showing their disdain for what the leaders of our national and Maryland governments have done to drown us with taxes. They are destroying our nation.

15. Faith says:

This is so exciting. Can’t wait to be there.

16. jen millner says:

Hey how about I bring some Hot dogs and Beer.. this is going to be soooooooooo funny!!.. Great entertainment!.. While you are at it, why don’t you guys remind everyone that Bushy left our country with a $2.7 TRILLION DEFICIT!!.. Now that beats the record.. Whether you are a Dem or Rep. rather than protesting and letting your kids out from School, maybe you should use ALL the free time you have on your hands and invent something, come up with a good idea to create jobs, start a company.. do something USEFUL!!..

17. Frank S. says:

I’ve already had my vacation day approved & will be there.
    Be there, or be just another sheep or Obamabot.
    After all, that’s why we’ve gotten to this point.
    And yes Jen, please do bring hot dogs.
    Trying to quell (not so) soft socialism can inspire a hearty appetite.
    Your champ has already tallied a bigger deficit in 8 weeks than your eeeeevil Bush did in 8 years.
    Wake up & smell the statism.

18. jen millner says:

Frank dude, the reality is that eeeeeeeevil bush as YOU call him is a done deal – This is not about Obama or anything.. I am arguing for getting the wheels of our great nation churning again. And Throwing tea in the bay is just going to kill fish and diminish the crab population NOT fix our economy or reinvent the US as the leader it has the potential to be. Why are you guys so blind?? So “Small Town” so Provincial.. this is not a political issue, Obama is doing more than anyone ever did in 100000 years.. Give the dude a chance. Obviously you are a sheep that must follow the other Tea Throwers out there.. so chicken or pork hotdogs? I think pork fits you better.. oink oink.

19. Cathy says:

I am excited about this event! I will do what I can to bring folks from Montgomery County!

20. NEWT2012 says:

@ jen milner

Wow! You really don’t get it. Why start a business and create jobs? NObama will do all of that for us, right? Put gas in our cars, and pay for my mortgage, right? Even if we did start a new small business, they would tax the hell out of it and we would have to eliminate any jobs created anyways. NObama’s budget IS going to create more debt than all of the past presidents put together! Including my REAL president, Bush.

As for your “Small Town” comment? Don’t forget there are more small towns and small town conservative folks between your liberal LA and NY then you think. You are witnessing the waking of a very LARGE SLEEPING GIANT! (a little WWII reference for you, in case you didn’t know your history) You should learn your history, or you will be destined to repeat it.

21. DARNEDREPUBLICAN says:

Another darned republican replying. Guess we’ll be the only ones asking for an answer to how our tax dollars will be spent, oops, I meant REPAID!!!! President Obama is my Commanding Officer so I’ll give him the respect of the office. I would like to see the big lottery sized check from these financial corps showing their repayment of BILLIONS of our dollars. Hmmmm…waiting, waiting, waiting. See you tomorrow.