Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi Celebrates Lunar New Year (Arnold, MD) – The Lunar New Year of the Rooster begins on January 28, and the Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi is kicking off the celebration with a series of free and low-cost workshops.
The holiday lasts for 15 days. People around the world ring in the Lunar New Year with celebrations of feasting, family reunions, and other festivities.
Each year, Jing Ying Institute celebrates the new year by hosting a variety of free and low-cost workshops that are open to the public.
Featured events for 2017: Open House with a Chinese lion dance, food, and family-friendly activities; Tai Chi workshop and classes, Tea Tasting, Self Defense Workshop for Women & Teen Girls (benefitting Arden House, a local domestic violence safe house), a lecture on the health benefits of acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and more.
There will be giveaways and door prizes.
A detailed schedule with dates, times, descriptions, and online registration is available at www.JingYing.org
Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
1195 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd #6
Arnold, MD 21012
* Saturday, January 28 (3:00-4:30pm): Free Open House with refreshments, fun & informative activities, prizes/giveaways, and more from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Lion Dance Performance at 3:15 pm, followed by demonstrations of Tai Chi, Kung Fu forms and weapons. Free Introductory Kung Fu Class from 4:00 pm to 4:45 pm. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Monday, January 30 (7:00-8:30pm): Tea Tasting. $20/person. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Wednesday, February 8 (4:15-5:00pm): Kids Intro Kung Fu Class. Suitable for children from 5 to 10, this workshop will include an introductory lesson in Kung Fu, will provide information on Chinese New Year, and will teach some of the basics of Chinese Lion Dance. A child-size lion head is available for the kids to use along with drums, cymbals and a gong. FREE. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Thursday, February 9 (7:00-8:00pm): Tai Chi/Qigong Workshop. FREE! Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Sunday, February 12 (2:00-4:00pm): Women & Teen Girls Self Defense Workshop. $20/person. 100% of proceeds go to a local domestic violence safe house. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Tuesday, February 14 (11:30am-12:15pm): Valentine’s Day Tai Chi. Enjoy this gentle tai chi class along with a healthy bit of chocolate. FREE. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Monday, February 20 (7:30-9pm): “How Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Promote Natural Healing ,” lecture by Daohe Fang, LAc., CMD. FREE. Info & registration at JingYing.org