Light House resident dies of suspected heroin overdose

| September 19, 2016 | 1 Comment
Blackwall Hitch

heroinThe Light House, A Homeless Prevention and Support Center in Annapolis, has advised that for the first time in 27 years, one of their residents has died of an suspected overdose while in residence.

According to Elizabeth Kinney, the Executive Director, “At this time we are primarily concerned with the victim, his family, the residents, and staff of The Light House and everyone touched by the life of this kind and gentle man.  The Light House respects the confidentiality of our clients; we will not release any personal or medical information to the public.  We work with vulnerable people, some with significant challenges.  Here at The Light House we are not immune to the current national and local heroin epidemic devastating so many lives.”

In response to this tragedy, The Light House has solicited help from Crisis Response, grief counselors and clergy.

Category: Local News, NEWS, Post To FB

About the Author ()

Eye On Annapolis is a community based site focusing strictly on Anne Arundel County. These staff postings are general news postings made by our team of bloggers throughout the day and are not attributed to any one particular staff person.