Prince George’s Stadium will welcome the 4th annual Amputee Warrior Softball Classic produced by Pro Athletes Organization on Saturday, June 11 at 7:00 pm all to raise funds and awareness for Amputee Veteran Charities.
The Amputee Warrior Softball Classic will feature members of the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team comprised of amputee veterans who have overcome severe injuries to again become competitive athletes. They will be joined on the field by current and former NFL stars, for a seven-inning softball game filled with entertainment, activities and special guests.
NFL players DeSean Jackson and Bashaud Breeland will take the field with Amputee Warriors as #TeamJackson vs. #TeamBreeland in this year’s battle.
Washington Redskins’ Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson returns for his 2nd appearance in the Amputee Warrior Softball Classic and will lead the offense vs Redskins’ Cornerback Bashaud Breeland who will lead the defense. Other expected players include Will Compton, Kedric Golston, Jamison Crowder & many more!
NFL Players and the Amputee Warrior Softball Team to will compete together on June 11th, 2016 in Bowie Maryland to promote Amputee Awareness and raise funds for Amputee Organizations. Pro Athletes Organization (PAO) and the Amputee Warrior Softball Classic has raise more than $180,000 for amputee charities to date.
Charities to benefit from this years game are Yellow Ribbon Fund, Connected Warrior Foundation, the Amputee Warrior Softball team and others.
- Game Date: June 11, 2016 – Gates open at 6:00 Game at 7PM and Home Run Derby at 6:30
- Location: Bowie Baysox Stadium, 4101 Crain Hwy, Bowie, MD 20716
- Tickets: Available at www.Baysox.com – Box Office Direct: 301-464-4865
- General Admission – $18 Military $15 – Group Sales Available, call Box Office for Details.
- Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1087741937952444/
- Benefiting Charities:
- A) Yellow Ribbon Fund, http://www.yellowribbonfund.org
- B) Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team www.woundedwarrioramputeesoftballteam.org
- C) Connected Warrior Foundation: http://www.connectedwarrior.org/