Maryland district winners of the 2016 U.S. Small Business Week Awards Program were announced by Stephen D. Umberger, District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Baltimore District Office. District winners will be honored at the 32nd Annual Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon June 15th at Martin’s West in Woodlawn, Md.
This year’s winners are:
- Maryland Small Business Person of the Year: Patrick Munis, New Wave Telecom & Technologies, Elkridge
- Accountant Advocate: Macushla Wiedorn, Common Sense Income Tax Preparation, Severna Park
- Attorney Advocate: Daniel G. Downer, Jr., Esq., Daniel G. Downer, Jr., Attorney at Law, Annapolis
- District Director’s Unsung Hero: Robert Wallace, BITHGroup Technologies, Baltimore
- Entrepreneurial Success: Tori Paide & Marla Peoples, Still Point Wellness Spas, Columbia
- Family Owned Small Business: Joanie Gerber, Bikle Manufacturing, Inc., Smithsburg
- Financial Services Champion: Maurice Ames, MD Capital Enterprises, Inc., Salisbury
- Home-Based Business Champion: Laura Wiegmann, Laura’s Eyes Photography, Pasadena
- Insurance Champion: Jerrie Bey-Taylor, The Lion Heart Group, Cambridge
- Minority Small Business Champion of the Year: Celester “Les” Hall, MD Dept. of Commerce, Baltimore
- “Rising Star” Student Entrepreneur of the Year: Javon Gholston & Michael Heier, DeSolder Pen, Baltimore
- Small Business Exporter of the Year: Mark Rice, Maritime Applied Physics, Baltimore
- Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year: Alexander Fakeri, Mojo Web Solutions, Baltimore
- Women in Business Champion of the Year: Diane Montier, Bruster’s Ice Cream, Glen Burnie
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Paul Rineholt & Nick Gregori, Dorchester Decoy Rentals, Cambridge
Each year, the President of the United States declares National Small Business Week to celebrate the contributions of the small business community to the nation’s economy. The SBA holds the annual awards competition to recognize outstanding small business owners and their advocates. National Small Business Week activities are May 2-6.
For more information contact Rachel Howard at (410) 244-3337 or at email@example.com. For information on the 2016 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon or for tickets, visit the event website at www.mdsbwawards.org.