Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi Celebrates Lunar New Year (Arnold, MD) – The Lunar New Year of the Monkey begins on February 8, and the Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi is kicking off the new year with a series of free and low-cost workshops.
The celebration lasts for 15 days. People around the world ring in the Lunar New Year with celebrations of feasting, family reunions, and other festivities.
Each year, Jing Ying Institute celebrates the new year by hosting a variety of free and low-cost workshops that are open to the public.
Featured events for 2016: Tea & Tai Chi Workshop (theme: “Taming the Monkey Mind”), Tea Tasting , Self Defense Workshop for Women & Teen Girls (benefitting Arden House, Anne Arundel County’s only domestic violence safe house for women and their children), “What Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Can Do for You” and more.
There will be giveaways and door prizes.
A detailed schedule with dates, times, descriptions, and online registration is available at www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200.
* Friday, February 12 (noon-1pm): Traditions of the Lunar New Year. $2/person, $5/family. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Friday, February 12 (5:30-7pm): Chinese Calligraphy Workshop. $5/person. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Monday, February 15 (7:00-8:30pm): Tea Tasting. $15/person. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Sunday, February 21 (2:00-4:00pm): Women & Teen Girls Self Defense Workshop. $20/person. 100% of proceeds go to a local domestic violence safe house. Info & registration at JingYing.org
* Monday, February 22 (7:30-9pm): “What Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine Can Do for You,” talk by Daohe Fang, LAc., CMD. FREE. Info & registration at JingYing.org