The Annapolis Police Department is pleased to announce an opportunity for kids to join our first ever Annapolis Police Kids Club (APKC). The club is tailored for kids ages 9 – 12.
Want to learn more? Please join us for an Open House and Information Session
- When: Saturday, February 27th at 2 p.m.
- Where: Annapolis Police Headquarters, 199 Taylor Avenue
- What: Learn more about this exciting program, see a K-9 demonstration, tour the Police Department and much more!
- RSVP: Please RSVP today to reserve your spot! RSVP by contacting Corporal Amy Miguez at email@example.com or Patti Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410-268-9000.
“The Annapolis Police Kids Club is another way the Annapolis Police Department is reaching out to the community we serve,” said Chief Michael Pristoop. “We understand that communication and involvement with the community is vital to overall police-community relations. The APKC is another venue for positive interaction between law enforcement and community members.
APKC is an organization within the Annapolis Police Department that aims to create positive and meaningful interactions between officers and kids through engagement, accountability and educational opportunities.
- To foster a positive relationship between law enforcement and the community.
- To participate in a variety of activities while learning leadership, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- To utilize a learning and social environment to build skills and understanding.
APKC is designed for children ages 9-12 who reside in or near the City of Annapolis. The number of children enrolled in the program shall not exceed 25. Consistent attendance is an important component of the program. Children must attend the majority of meetings to remain in the program.
APKC will meet once a month for a couple of hours. The meetings will consist of educational presentations, physical activities, interactive hands on activities, practical exercises, outdoor play, and outings. Educational presentations will be age appropriate and will cover topics such as, ethics, gang awareness, safety, online safety, and bullying.
APKC will also attend local sporting and cultural events.