Annapolis Mayor Michael Pantelides announced that Annapolis Transit will operate on a Sunday Schedule, on Monday, January 25 as Public Works crews continue to clear area streets. The schedule can be viewed at http://bit.ly/1fBqVJ9.
Department of Public Works (DPW) crews have made all of the emergency routes passable and are now working to clear the connector routes. Due to the gusty winds and the tremendous amount of snow associated with the recent storm, crews have had to focus on the Emergency and Connector Routes and have not been able to begin clearing secondary routes. DPW anticipates starting to clear the secondary roads on Tuesday, January 26. Remember to check what route your street is located on at http://bit.ly/1RBMvDi and check out the city’s expectations of snow removal on the attached document
Cancellations and Notifications:
• Annapolis City government offices will be closed on Monday, January 25
• The Pip Moyer Recreation Center will be closed on Monday, January 25
• Annapolis Transit will operate on a Sunday Schedule on Monday, January 25
• All refuse and recycling collection is cancelled for Monday, January 25
• The Annapolis City Council meeting scheduled for Monday, January 25 has been cancelled
• The four Annapolis parking garages remain open, free of charge, to Annapolis residents until further notice
The Annapolis Call Center remains open for all non-emergency calls. Annapolis residents can call 410-260-2211 regarding road conditions or any non-emergency snow-related questions.
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
County Executive Steve Schuh this morning announced all Anne Arundel County Government offices and departments will be closed for nonessential personnel on Monday, January 25th.
“While the storm activity has moved out of the area, we continue to work to clear our roads and restore power to our communities,” said Schuh. “Closing county government will allow our crews the extra time needed to get their work done.”
The County Emergency Operations Center is currently still activated and continues to monitor the situation.