Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) officials today announced that customers can now access the library on the go more easily with a new mobile app. Available to download for FREE in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store, the app is also available for the Kindle Fire and Windows Phone.
Launched Monday, the mobile app can be used to:
- Locate your nearest library
- Find events by audience or location
- Search the catalog for books or other materials to borrow
- Place holds
- Check your account
- Renew items
- Borrow eBooks and eMagazines with Overdrive, Cloud Library and Zinio
- Pay fines
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Flickr
- Call or email a library branch
“Our mobile app will give us a greater reach into the community and provide much easier access to the information people need, when they need it. We’re very pleased to get people to the library catalog and website in a whole new way,” said Skip Auld, AACPL CEO.
The app, found by searching key words Anne Arundel County Library, is part of the library’s technology plan called Innovate Anne Arundel. The plan envisions the library as a community center for technology knowledge, learning, exploration and experimentation. Over the next three years, the library will implement services, programs and training to help prepare County residents to meet the challenges of a complex digital world, and to gain the skills to succeed and connect to future opportunities.”