Midnight Madness! This beloved Annapolis tradition rekindles the Holiday Spirit in all of us brought to you by the Annapolis Partnership and Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis is happening tomorrow night. Locals and visitors alike stroll the brick-lined streets of the Historic District shopping for that perfect gift. It’s a rare treat to shop downtown until Midnight! Festive carolers, dancers, musicians and street performers are featured throughout Midnight Madness, where the city itself is the stage. Dine before or after you shop…all the delightful Annapolis restaurants and pubs await you.
You can shop in the Historic District, from Main Street to Maryland Avenue, West Street to Market Space, Circle to Circle, City Dock and the sidestreets and alleys in between on Thursday, December 3rd from 6pm until midnight!
The event is organized to support small, independent retailers, and re-ignite the holiday spirit in all of us! Plus, parking downtown is easy, FREE and plentiful: The City of Annapolis provides 3 hours of FREE parking at the 2 Hour bagged meters. 3 hours of FREE Valet parking (near the tree). FREE parking at the Senate Office Lot after 6 pm. Look for the Park & Shop logos in store windows to take advantage of 2 hours FREE parking in any of the City garages. (Visit www.annapolispartnership.com for all parking details).
Bring the entire family. Everyone…bring the whole family, the neighbors and even your pups. Scrooge himself wouldn’t miss the chance to take a selfie in #SnowFlakeAlley. Be sure to look for it and take a selfie and tag it with #SnowFlakeAlley
Be sure to catch some of these wonderful performers (most run between 6-9pm)
- Christmas Tree: Bay Area Community Church 6-830pm…Cousin Eddie 830-11pm
- Zachary’s Corner: Salvation Army Brass Band
- Main Street Pocket Park: Old Mill High School Steel Drum Band
- Outside MSTA Building: Dance Center of Severna Park
- Adjacent to #SnowFlake Alley: Green Line Brass Quintet
- Outside Alpaca: Pet the Baby Alpacas
- Outside The Red Bean: HOHO with the POPO (FREE COCO from Annapolis’s Finest)
- Outside Paws Pet Boutique: Jocelyn Faro
- Maryland Avenue: The Chesapeake Revelers
- Strolling: Severn School Lower Chorus
- Strolling: Santa & His Elf
- Outside the Fudge Shop: WRNR Radio
- SunTrust Triangle: WNAV Radio
- TBD: Les Merles Bleus
Favorite Photo Opps: The Christmas Tree on City Dock and #SnowFlakeAlley, (a winter wonderland that connects you from Main Street to the shops and restaurants on State Circle and Maryland Ave)
For updates on all upcoming events, visit the Annapolis Partnership facebook page, follow us on twitter or visit our website, www.annapolispartnership.com.
Next week, Midnight Madness II on December 10th, and Eleventh Hour on December 17th!