Chesapeake Life Center is offering a variety of grief support groups this winter and spring on the John & Cathy Belcher Campus at 90 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD.
A new offering is Coffee and Conversation, a morning grief support group. This informal weekly gathering provides a safe place for sharing and learning about grief while exploring coping strategies. It meets for eight weeks from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays beginning Jan. 21 in the Chesapeake Life Center in Pasadena. Coffee is provided by The Big Bean.
Other support groups meeting in the Pasadena are as follows:
- Child Loss Support Group for parents experiencing the loss of a child of any age meets from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, Jan. 16, Feb. 6, March 5, April 2, May 7 and June 4.
- Evening Grief Support Group offers attendees an opportunity to explore grief themes and share strategies for healing within a community of trust. The groups meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays from March 7 to April 11, except on March 28.
- Loss of Life Partner/Spouse monthly evening group for grieving career-aged individuals meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month beginning Jan. 20 through June 15. Please call for childcare availability.
- Suicide Grievers meets on the second Tuesday of the month beginning Jan. 12 through June 14. Call 410-987-2129 for times and to speak with a counselor prior to attending your first meeting.
- Sibling Loss explores the impact of moving forward in life without your sibling from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24. Light supper is provided. The cost is $10.
- Together…Silent No More is a monthly support group for those grieving a loss due to substance abuse. It meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of the month beginning Jan. 18 and through June 20.
Registration is required and can be completed by calling 888-501-7077 or by visiting www.chesapeakelifecenter.org.