Anne Arundel Community College President Dr. Dawn Lindsay received an Excellence in Academic Leadership award Nov. 20 at the Inaugural Entrepreneurs Gala and Awards night to benefit the nonprofit charity, Women of Global Change.
The event, organized by VIPeVENTS Concierge, was initiated as a way to bring together community and business leaders to network and work toward expanding opportunities for business growth. VIPeVENTS Concierge CEO Larry White said another aim of the evening was to honor people who are making a difference in their fields.
In addition to Dr. Lindsay, nine other community leaders were recognized, four others for excellence in their fields and five as Entrepreneur of the Year in specific fields:
• Humanitarian of the Year Award – Shellie Hunt, CEO and founder of Women of Global Change.
• Entrepreneur of the Year for Excellence in Public & Media Relations – Ken Rochon, president of The Umbrella Syndicate.
• Entrepreneur of the Year for Best Author – Pamela Reaves, CEO of NELLA, LLC.
• Entrepreneur of the Year for Government Affairs -Melissa Jenkins.
• Entrepreneur of Year for Excellence in Physical Fitness and Wellness – Frances Cuesta, CEO of ReInvent U Boot Camp, LLC.
• Entrepreneur of the Year for Excellence in Hairstyle and Skin Care – Dr. Keith Harley.
• Excellence in Music – Jeff Majors.
• Excellence in Meteorology – Lynette Charles, meteorologist at ABC Channel 2 News.
• Excellence in Finance and Advising – Brian Joubert.
Keynote speaker was Wes Adams, State’s Attorney for Anne Arundel County. Program hosts were Charley Crowson, news anchor for ABC Channel 2 News, and Dr. Natalie Forest, CEO of Space International. Proceeds of the event benefit Women of Global Change, which supports women in becoming business owners and leaders in the community.
For information about opportunities at AACC, visit http://www.aacc.edu