If you are fascinated by the idea of drones, take advantage of a new series of noncredit classes that focus on Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) beginning this fall at Anne Arundel Community College (AACC).
Learn how UAS might fit with your business or organization. Or, perhaps you are considering them as a hobby, but need to know the regulations and steps involved. UAS are used in agriculture, by first responders, for various geospatial tasks, for business expansion and in many other industries.
Get the basics in AACC’s course, “Introduction to Unmanned Aerial Systems” (CTU 303). Through a partnership with the Academy for Unmanned Vehicles, AACC is offering “Expanding Your Business with UAS” (CTU 310).
Through a partnership with Sinclair College of Dayton, Ohio, AACC also will offer six half-day courses presented by Dr. Andrew Shepherd, Director of UAS at Sinclair:
• “Introduction to UAS in Precision Agriculture” (CTU 304)
• “Introduction to Geospatial Information for UAS (CTU 305)
• “Introduction to UAS and the Law” (CTU 306)
• “Introduction to the Current State of UAS Standards and Regulations” (CTU 307)
• “Introduction to UAS for First Responder Leadership” (CTU 308)
• “Introduction to UAS Data Analytics” (CTU 309)
Supported by world-class partnerships, the Sinclair College National UAS Training and Certification Center features cutting-edge technology, custom training, and applied research capabilities. Sinclair’s curriculum focuses on real-world applications of emerging UAS and sensor technologies through classroom and online instruction, simulation and hands-on vehicle operations.
For scheduling information and a link to register for any or all of the courses, visit http://www.aacc.edu/it/uas.cfm or call 410-777-1333.