Don’t let your math difficulties get in the way of your academic future. This fall, Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is offering several workshops focusing on ways people can overcome their math anxieties. The two-hour workshops are free to both current students and people considering attending or returning to college.
Some of the topics covered include:
• Discovering how your past math performance may be impacting your present reaction to math.
• Conquering math anxiety, math avoidance and math procrastination.
• Adopting new approaches for solving word problems and using formulas.
• Using effective memory strategies to help retain what you learn.
• Starting the habit of checking your math work to minimize careless errors.
• Reducing math test anxiety so you can relax and demonstrate what you know.
No pre-registration is necessary. Workshops are scheduled on the Arnold campus, 101 College Parkway, unless otherwise noted:
• 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3, in the Schwartz Building (SCHZ) Room 205.
• 9-11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 6, in the Careers Center building (CRSC) Room 150.
• 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Nov. 7, at AACC at Arundel Mills (AMIL), Room 307, 7009 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover.
• 6-8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, in the Glen Burnie Town Center Room 103, 101 Crain Highway N, Glen Burnie.
• Noon-2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, in the Careers Center (CRSC) building Room 150.
• 3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19, in the Schwartz Building (SCHZ) Room 205.