Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) cardholders now have access to more than 3,000 courses and nearly 130,000 tutorials with the online education service lynda.com at no cost, from home or at the nearest county library. The broad range of topics taught to lynda.com users includes technological, creative and business skills designed to help achieve personal and professional goals. AACPL is only the second county in the state to offer the free service.
AACPL is pleased to provide this premium electronic resource free of charge, giving its customers access to a vast library of high-quality, up-to-date and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
To get started on lynda.com, AACPL patrons should follow these steps:
- Visit aacpl.net/lynda and click the hyperlink that reads “Create your lynda.com Profile”
- Click on the “Create profile” button and follow the instructions to create a profile
- Browse courses and save what you like to your own playlist
- Save and view progress in your lynda.com profile
- Get a certificate upon completion of a course
More than 3,000 courses with 129,942 video tutorials are available, including:
- Software: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Web Design: web graphics, interactive design, prototyping, etc.
- Social Media and Web Publishing: Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, etc.
- Photography: Lighting and Photographing a Still Life, Photography 101: Shooting in Low Light, etc.
- Business and Career Skills: productivity, marketing, time management, etc.
- Job Search Tools: resume design, searching for positions, working with recruiters, etc.
The lynda.com service is part of Innovate Anne Arundel, the library’s new technology plan that envisions the library as a community center for technology knowledge, learning, exploration and experimentation. AACPL cardholders may enjoy free access to many premium electronic databases from home or at the library. For a full list of free electronic resources managed by Anne Arundel County Public Library, customers should visit aacpl.net/databases.