The Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) will host a family-friendly gathering of local everyday heroes at the Annapolis Regional Library for its ‘Community Helpers Day’ on Wednesday, August 5.
Barring an emergency, children and families will be able to take an up-close look at a fire engine, police car, public works trucks, a K-9 police dog and possibly a SWAT vehicle. They’ll also have the chance to speak with uniformed men and women from the Annapolis Fire Department and the Annapolis Police Department.
Kids will be able to climb on board the Annapolis Circulator Trolley, experience wildlife specimens courtesy of the state Department of Natural Resources and learn how bread is made at the Great Harvest Bread Co.
Many other community group representatives will also be offering activities for children, such as the Coast Guard, Anne Arundel Medical Center, the Oyster Recovery Partnership and the SPCA. The library system’s mascot, Sneaks, and the Bowie Baysox mascot, Louie, will also be in attendance.
– US Coast Guard
– MD Department of Natural Resources
– Annapolis Fire Dept. Station 35
– Annapolis City Police Dept.
– Annapolis City Circulator Trolley
– Anne Arundel County Public Works Dept.
– Anne Arundel County Recycling Dept.
– A.A. County Parks & Recreation Dept.
– A.A. County Dept. of Health
– Anne Arundel County School and Family Partnership
– Anne Arundel Medical Center
– Great Harvest Bread Co.
– Shell Recycling Alliance
– Bowie Baysox mascot, Louie
– AACPL mascot, Sneaks
The event will take place indoors and outdoors, weather permitting, at the Annapolis Regional Library, 1410 West St., Annapolis, from 10 to 11:30 am on Wednesday, August 5.