The most comprehensive cruising curriculum and syllabus available anywhere was announced by the Annapolis Boat Shows, a premier event management company. Sandwiched between the United States Sailboat Show and the United States Powerboat Show, Cruisers University will offer one to four-day tuition packages October 12 – 15, 2015 for live aboard boaters. Registration opens today.
“We provide the experienced and inexperienced cruiser with everything they need to know to slip their lines and live aboard a boat. The comprehensive curriculum includes cruise and route planning, basic and electronic navigation, destinations near and far, how to equip, prepare, and maintain your boat, forecast marine weather, care for your diesel engine, and so much more. Our goal is to offer a customizable program designed to build confidence, ” said Paul Jacobs, President Annapolis Boat Shows.
Students in the spring session remarked how much more prepared and comfortable they felt after participating in Cruisers University: “The knowledge acquired through the program filled in the weakest areas that have made me trepidatious about going for it. I now feel much more self-reliant and comfortable managing the boat’s systems.”
” Every single course far exceeded my expectations! The knowledge of the presenters was outstanding, and the information gathered from attending was incredibly valuable!”
The in-depth programs cover topics in boating preparedness. As part of the four-day program, cruisers may sign up for two days of intensive training in one of the following areas and two additional days of elective courses:
* Coastal Navigation and Piloting – Utilize traditional techniques, plotting tools, charts and modern electronics to navigate your vessel.
* Diesel Maintenance – Use a working diesel and cut away model to learn how to maintain marine diesel engines.
* iNavigation © – Integrate the latest technological navigation methods with traditional charts to become competent and confident finding your way on the water.
Full day elective courses include:
* Marine Weather
* Collision Avoidance – Radar and AIS
* Outfitting For Blue Water Cruising
Taught by renowned instructors who are experts in their field, course electives include:
* Anchoring – the Art of Staying Put
* Docking and Line Handling
* Planning Your Passage
* Money and Cruising
* Sailing in Heavy Weather
* Cruising the ICW
* Communications Systems
* Exploring the Chesapeake
* Cruising the Bahamas
* Destination: Florida Keys
* Safety Through Seamanship
* Crossing the Gulf Stream
* Marine Weather
* Modern Navigation
* Boat Systems
All classes, breakfast, lunch, and evening social activities take place at the beautiful Historic Inns of Annapolis. Rooms blocked and reserved for cruisers on a first come, first served basis. Registration opens today. For more visit our website at www.cruisersuniversity.com