CANnapolis (“Because we CAN make a difference!”) is a summer-long canned food drive, providing area restaurants and liquor stores an opportunity to support Food Link, Anne Arundel County neighbors helping neighbors, in the fight against hunger. Last year, CANnapolis raised over 2200 pounds of food and served over 400 meals to local Marylanders.
Today Katcef Brothers and radio partner, WRNR Radio will begin promoting eight CANnapolis events throughout the Annapolis, Severna Park and Pasadena areas, June through September.
During CANnapolis, you can donate all summer long to those 438,000 Marylanders who do not have consistent access to nutritious food! In Anne Arundel County alone, close to 48,000 people are food-insecure, according to figures released last year by Feeding America.
Want to help? It’s simple: Bring in nonperishable food items to one of the locations listed below between now and Sept. 26 and receive specials on featured canned beers. Every can you contribute will help Food Link distribute over 2 million pounds of food this year across Anne Arundel County.
The eight CANnapolis events and participating retailers are as follows:
- June 12 – Mills Fine Wine & Spirits and Charlie’s Bar at Mangia’s
- June 27 – Bellas Liquor, Broadneck Grill and Riverbay Roadhouse
- July 11 – Dawson’s Liquor and Adams Ribs Severna Park
- July 25 – Bayridge Wine & Spirits and Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern
- Aug. 8 – 177 Liquors
- Aug. 21 – Fishpaws Marketplace
- Sept. 12 – Angel’s Food Market
- Sept. 26 – Rite Aid Annapolis and Heroes Pub