The Rotary Club of Annapolis has announced grants totaling $62,000 from the net proceeds of the August 2014 World’s Largest Crab Feast. The 29 recipients and amounts distributed are:
- $3,500 – Rebuilding Together and Meals on Wheels.
- $3,000 – Hospice of the Chesapeake Life Center, Food Link Inc., Annapolis Maritime Museum, Cystic Fibrosis, Heart Smart, Pregnancy Clinic, and Birthright of Annapolis.
- $2,500 – Greater Annapolis Family Center Y, Anne Arundel County CASA Inc., Creating Communities, YMCA, Anne Arundel Conflict Resolution Center, and Arundel Lodge Inc.
- $2,000 – Boys and Girls Clubs of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County, Wellness House of Annapolis, and Backpack Buddies.
- $1,500 – Leadership Anne Arundel, Maryland Therapeutic Riding, National Alliance on Mental Illness of Anne Arundel County, and Dare to C.A.R.E.
- $1,000 – Students Taking Academic Responsibility (STAIR), Annapolis Green, Anne Arundel Food Bank, Bay Community Support Services, Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Scholarship Trust, West/Rhode Riverkeeper, and Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts.
Now 94 years old, the Rotary Club of Annapolis raises funds each year at its crab feast to distribute to local organizations to improve the quality of life in the community. The club will sponsor the 70th annual World’s Largest Crab Feast from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7, at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis.
Tickets are $65 for adults, $20 for children ages 3 to 12, and free for children under the age of 3. Preferred Dining is $130 per person.
All online and telephone sales will end at noon on August7, 2015. Tickets will go on sale at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium box office starting at 4 p.m. on the day of the event. Cost of tickets at the door is $75.
For information, call 1-877-333-9667. For ticket questions, e-mail Annapolis@showare.com.