Toddler burned in Light House shelter fire

| March 29, 2015 | 1 Comment

annapolis fire departmentA small fire in an apartment at the Light House shelter on Hudson Street has sent a 4 year old to Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care unit in Baltimore with sever burns on his chest.  The toddler was flown from the scene shortly before 11:00am this morning.  Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and an investigation is underway.

The Light House has released the following statement:

The Light House, a homeless prevention center in Annapolis has five family apartments. A mother who resides in one of the apartments left her apartment this morning for a brief time. Her six year old son found her lighter and it appears that the 4 year old brother’s shirt caught on fire.

The Light House immediately called 911. The Police Department, Crisis Response and Child Protective Services are involved at this time. The child was flown by Medevac to the Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care unit in Baltimore. His mother is with him along with the Light House family Case Manager. Elizabeth Kinney, Executive Director of The Light House asks for the prayers of the community for the family at this time.

[do action=”blackwall-hitch”/]

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Local News, NEWS

About the Author ()

Eye On Annapolis is a community based site focusing strictly on Anne Arundel County. These staff postings are general news postings made by our team of bloggers throughout the day and are not attributed to any one particular staff person.