The Chesapeake Arts Center, a non-profit, community art center, will host its first “Be the Band” competition on Saturday, October 4th in the Studio 194 Theatre located at 194 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park, Maryland 21125. Doors open at 4:00pm, show will start at 4:30pm.Tickets are available by calling the Box Office at 410-636-6597 or online at www.Chesapeakearts.org for $10.00 each.
The show features seven local bands: Ded Walrus, Magic Wax, Strange Hate, Chasing Verity, Scott Lester and What Army, Stacked like Pancakes and Sojourne. The third round will take place on Saturday, October 4 at 4:30pm. Bands will be asked to play a four song-set (20 minutes each) in front of the audience and the judges. The judges will vote to determine the winning bands based on performance, audience reaction, creativity, and overall energy. The judges will remain anonymous until the event, but have been selected for their backgrounds in the music industry, live performance, and recording. The top 3 bands will advance to the final round on Saturday, October 25th, 2014 at 7:30pm in the Studio 194 Theatre. The winner of the final round will win up to $1,000 worth of prizes.
The Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) is a 58,000 sq. ft. multi-discipline arts organization located in Northern Anne Arundel County, just inside the Baltimore beltway. Our facility houses a 752-seat Hammonds Lane Theatre, a 120-seat Studio 194 Theatre, gallery space, ceramics lab, dance studios, music room, scene-shop and classrooms. For more information about the Chesapeake Arts Center visit www.Chesapeakearts.org or Call us at P: 410-636-6597.
If You Go:
- What: Chesapeake Arts Center “Be the Band” competition
- Where: Chesapeake Arts Center in the Studio 194 Theatre located at 194 Hammonds Lane Brooklyn Park Maryland 21225
- When: 3rd Round: Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 4:30pm | Final Round: Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 7:30pm
- Bands: Ded Walrus, Magic Wax, Strange Hate, Chasing Verity, Scott Lester and What Army, Stacked like Pancakes and Sojourne.
- Tickets: $10.00 each. Purchased online at www.Chesapeakearts.org or by calling the Box Office at 410-636-6597.