The Anne Arundel County Department of Health will provide five vaccination clinics around the County to help all students entering the seventh grade meet the new Maryland State requirements for the 2014-2015 school year. All students will be required to have had one Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis/whooping cough) vaccination and one MCV4 (meningococcal) vaccination upon entering the seventh grade.
The free walk-in clinics, which will be held from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., will be at the following locations:
• Thursday, July 24, 2014 – Health Services Building, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
• Wednesday, August 13, 2014 – Meade Middle School, 1103 26th Street, Ft. Meade, MD 20755
• Monday, August 18, 2014 – Lindale Middle School, 415 Andover Road, Linthicum, MD 21090
• Wednesday, August 20. 2014 – Health Services Building, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
• Thursday, August 21, 2014 – Marley Middle School, 10 Davis Court, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
These clinics are free for all students entering the seventh grade, regardless of whether they have insurance coverage or are uninsured.
An adult must accompany the student to sign the consent forms.
The new vaccination requirements are in addition to the current school immunization requirements. For more information about the clinics and school vaccine requirements, call 410-222-4896.