Anne Arundel County Executive Laura Neuman has announced that the Video Lottery Facility Local Development Council (VLFLDC) has selected 12 recipients to receive a total of $249,344 in community grants, derived from the Maryland Live! Casino gaming tax.
“I am pleased that local impact money generated from Maryland Live! Casino is supporting so many worthwhile programs and initiatives in the community,” said County Executive Neuman. “I congratulate the grant award recipients and thank them for their dedication and continued service for the betterment of our county.”
The top-funded projects include:
- The Anne Arundel County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families will receive $40,000 for the Promise Neighborhood Project in Meade Village.
- Hospice of the Chesapeake Foundation, Inc. will receive $25,725 for their grief support and education program.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County will receive $20,000 for their programs in Meade Village.
- The Chesapeake Arts Center will receive $20,000 for transportation and scholarships for their after school programs.
- Severn Crest Homeowners Association will receive $39,656 for paved walkways, benches and landscaping.
- The Severn Athletic Club, Inc. will receive $40,000 for batting cages at Severn Danza Park.
Other grant recipients include: The Severn Improvement Association, Hebron-Harman Elementary School PTA, Hawks Ridge Homeowners Association, Baltimore-Washington Medical Center and the Anne Arundel Association for Family and Community Education.