Hospice of the Chesapeake has numerous volunteer opportunities available in Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties.
Volunteers play a vital role on the hospice team by visiting patients, supporting caregivers, serving as counselors at grief retreats, organizing fundraisers or assisting in our offices or helping at our resale shop. Become a hospice volunteer if you are age 18 and up and willing to complete volunteer training. Areas of need include:
- Patient Care: Provide companionship and a supportive presence for our patients and respite for caregivers two to three hours a week; or have a regular flexible schedule during the day, evening or weekend.
- Vigil Volunteers: Available upon request to support patients and families during the final days and hours of life. Additional training provided.
- Grief Support: Provide a caring presence either by phone or in person to support individuals during their time of grieving.
- Military: Volunteers with a military background to visit patients who are veterans.
- Administrative Volunteers: Provide office and clerical support in either our Pasadena or Largo office.
- Community Outreach: Manage informational displays at community events or assist with speaking engagements to the hospice mission.
- Retail Volunteers: Assist with day-to-day operations at Treasures, our upscale resale shop in Park Plaza, Severna Park. Help is needed on Saturdays and teenagers age 18 and up looking to volunteer this summer are welcome.
- Healing Arts: Licensed Massage Therapists, Aromatherapy, Music, Healing Touch, and Reiki/healing touch work, dog owners to share their pet with patients through Pet Therapy.
- Youth Summer Bereavement Camps Nabi & Phoenix Rising: Cabin sitters, evenings, Aug. 8-10, email email@example.com.