Annapolis Sailing Industry Association members will host multiple events revolving around sailing the weekend of April 25 – 27 to make Annapolis, MD, a weekend destination for sailors and those looking to get into sailing on the Chesapeake Bay and its many rivers.
The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show, held Friday through Sunday, costs only $12 (free for children under 12) and gives sailors of all levels the chance to walk the docks, climb aboard new boats, and learn how they can get out on the water this season. The event unfolds in the heart of America’s Sailing Capital’s Historic District on City Dock.
SpinSheet Magazine’s Crew Party on Sunday at 4 p.m. brings together skippers seeking crew and sailors seeking boats to sail on this upcoming season. Party goers enjoy live music, free beverages, and a lot of upbeat sailing talk with welcoming club members and sailing school pros. New sailors are welcome to attend a Start Sailing Now Q&A with local experts one hour before party time on Sunday at 3 p.m. Both events are free and open to the public.
Events will be held all over town. Find more events listed below. For more information, or for an interview with SpinSheet and Start Sailing Now editor Molly Winans, please call (410) 216-9309 or email [email protected]
Events for Spring Sailing Weekend in Annapolis
• Friday thru Sunday: Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show.
• Thursday thru Sunday: Cruisers University.
• Friday: Start of Cocktail Cruising Season on the Bay, Schooner Woodwind. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. $59. (410) 263-7837.
• Saturday: Live Life Raft Deployment. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. West Marine Hillsmere. Jeff Cox will be deploying a live Viking life raft and covering EPIRB and safety gear. (410) 268-0129.
• Saturday thru Sunday: Annapolis Yacht Club Overnight Race, Annapolis YC.
• Saturday thru Sunday: Winefest, St. Michaels. Watermark will be running a brunch cruise from Annapolis to St. Michaels.
• Saturday thru Sunday: Annapolis Performance Sailing Factory Sale.
• Saturday: Practical Marine Radar. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Annapolis Elks Lodge #622 in Edgewater, MD. Offered by CAPCA.
• Sunday: SpinSheet’s World-Famous Crew Party. 4 to 6 p.m. Annapolis Maritime Museum. Don’t miss our “Start Sailing Now” Q&A an hour before the party at 3 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Sunday: Voyage Planning and Electronic Charting. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Annapolis Elks Lodge #622 in Edgewater, MD. Offered by CAPCA.
• Sunday: Sails & Tails. 1 to 5 p.m. Annapolis Marriott Waterfront. $75. Hosted by the Capital Chapter of Canine Companions for Independence.
• Sunday: MSSA Annapolis Chapter 5th annual “Rock On Warriors,” Fleet Reserve Club, Annapolis City Dock.